Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Motorised Support Units bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Motorised Support Units bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Motorised Support Units bug - 6/22/2011 4:00:13 AM   
TAIL_GUNNER

Playing my Control Freak mod, I noticed on turn 2 that all motorised support units have suddenly become non-motorised.

I realize this is a mod, but all I've changed are the support/combat tags. Might warrant a peek under the hood to see if support units that are motorised are losing their trucks..

StuGs, SP guns, SPAA and the like seem OK.

Pic is from near Riga, turn 2:

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Motorised Support Units bug - 6/22/2011 12:46:16 PM   
TAIL_GUNNER

Does look like a bug. Here's a pic of the same unit from a regular 41-45 GC, turn 3.

Not sure what affect this would have on SU commitment...with the huge MP discrepency between motorized and non-motorized, it should matter some..

Attachment (1)

(in reply to TAIL_GUNNER)
Post #: 2
RE: Motorised Support Units bug - 6/22/2011 2:53:40 PM   
Panama

quote:

ORIGINAL: TAIL_GUNNER

Playing my Control Freak mod, I noticed on turn 2 that all motorised support units have suddenly become non-motorised.

I realize this is a mod, but all I've changed are the support/combat tags. Might warrant a peek under the hood to see if support units that are motorised are losing their trucks..

StuGs, SP guns, SPAA and the like seem OK.

Pic is from near Riga, turn 2:

It's logical that a towed artillery unit would be non motorized while self propelled equipment would be motorized.

Post #: 3
RE: Motorised Support Units bug - 6/22/2011 3:01:51 PM   
Lieste

No. NW were always motorised - they were light enough to be towed by a small truck that helps, and yet they have monstrous appetites for ammunition which means horses were less adequate than regular artillery. Also very short ranged.

The report suggests they begin as mot, but fall to non-mot within a week/fortnight.

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 4
RE: Motorised Support Units bug - 6/22/2011 3:23:32 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Pavel ("Helpless") is on vacation for next 2-3 weeks so this will have to wait (Gary will only deal with possible big problms)...

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 5
RE: Motorised Support Units bug - 6/22/2011 7:49:12 PM   
Joel Billings

I spoke with Gary about this. The system was set up so that certain unit types are always considered non-motorized. The fact that they can be set to Motorized or Non-motorized in the editor is misleading as when they hit the first logistics phase, they will switch to the what the system wants them to be. This has been working this way since release. We agree it is odd that a lot of the units begin the game Motorized and then switch to Non-motorized on turn 2. Currently we think that Armor, Mechanized, Motorized, Self-Propelled Artillery, Air Base and HQ units are the types that are considered Motorized. Given the system, we should not have set some of the units as Motorized at the start of various scenarios. We've taken note of this and will look into it in the future and see what if anything can or should be done to change this.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Post #: 6
RE: Motorised Support Units bug - 6/23/2011 2:13:41 AM   
TAIL_GUNNER

That's a downer...I hope you all do decide to change it..

Here's an argument for:

Looking at a standard motorized sFH18 arty battalion on turn 1 has vehicle requirement of 232.
After turn 1, that falls to just 75.
Unrealistically, the game's just given the German 157 free vehicles to use elsewhere....and this is just from ONE support unit!

Please fix it....

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 7
RE: Motorised Support Units bug - 6/25/2011 7:32:57 PM   
TAIL_GUNNER

Would there be any negative impacts to the combat model if I set motorized Engineers to Mechanized and motorised artillery to SP Artillery?

Post #: 8
RE: Motorised Support Units bug - 10/29/2011 10:09:34 PM   
TAIL_GUNNER

This caught my eye from 1.05.23 README:

6)Editor Change – Changed Adjust unit function name to Set Motorized Flag. Now it only sets the motorization flag based on the formation type.

Will normally towed units such as artillery, AT, and AA now stay motorized if this flag is set in the editor?

Just curious...

Post #: 9
RE: Motorised Support Units bug - 11/3/2011 4:06:49 AM   
TAIL_GUNNER

I see in 1.04.39 a number of Italian combat formations and support units were added/edited..

Seems most of the new support units were intentionally set to Motorized.

quote:

j. Motorized the MG, AT, AA, and Art Battalions

Just curious what is the reasoning for doing this if they are just going to revert to non-motorized on the next turn?

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Motorised Support Units bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI