Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix - 6/4/2011 12:36:30 AM   
mbar

You see it all the time. Someone has trouble ordering a game with Impulse or Steam or GamersGate and they're upset. Some people respond that have had similar problems others have ordered lots of games with no problem.

I tried to order Frozen Synapse from GamesGate but I tried to print the receipt and Firefox thought that would be a good time to lock up and become unresponsive. I loaded the order page back up but the order was flagged "pending." Fine all I have to do now is confirm the order. But it won't let me because it says it's a duplicate transaction.

What would you do? I thought my browser must have messed up the order somehow so I canceled it.

My mistake was then to try again. I didn't print to avoid problems but got the same result, a pending order and no download link. Fine. I can't get my product so I canceled that order too.

I should have checked my email because unbeknownst to me I had received email letting me know that my credit card was successfully charged for each order. yaaaaaaaaay!

The next morning I putz though the order process to see if I missed a step. I didn't enter any credit card info this time. I didn't see anything I might have missed. But oops that creates an order too. Canceled.

So I emailed GamersGate and submitted support forms about the problem wondering how they would want to handle the situation. I got a response.

quote:

I will check the orders with the payment partner. Seems that the orders are canceled from our side, so may be you got only temporary holds placed.

Sounds good to me. The orders are canceled, the credit card doesn't look like it will be charged. All is good.

Since that worked out so poorly I thought it was time to stick with the reliable Matrix Games. I placed my order for Frozen Synapse, got my download link, game installed. I be happy.

The next day I browse GamersGate to see what might be new and on sale. I look at my games list and I have Frozen Synapse. I look at my order history and one of my canceled orders is now confirmed. How did that happen? I sure as hell didn't do it. Better check my credit card. Sure enough 2 charges for Frozen Synapse got posted. I email and submit a support form requesting they leave my canceled orders canceled and remove Frozen Synapse from my game list because I already bought it elsewhere. I said fix it before Friday or I will dispute the charges with my credit card company.

What would the reasonable response be to that email? Let's block his account. Say what?!?!

Well it's just temporary because I guess some funny stuff is going on with my account and they want to make sure nothing else weird happens. They ask me "why do you say you don't want the game when you ordered it again" a day after I already bought it from Matrix? They changed my canceled order to a confirmed order and then claimed I placed it a day after.

I don't know how this is going to end. I've called my credit card company and filed the dispute. Luckily I'm a new customer with GamesGate and only have a handful of games there. But it goes to show you that when you piss off your digital distributor you could potentially lose your game library.

From now on I stick with Matrix.
Post #: 1
RE: GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix - 6/4/2011 7:01:48 AM   
ilovestrategy

I think every business has it's not so stellar moments. Plimus still won't let me download a game I bought in December. It's when they screw up more than once you start to question.

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 2
RE: GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix - 6/4/2011 7:26:31 AM   
IainMcNeil

If you have any problems with Plimus let us know as they have to allow you to download all games from us again, it's part of our deal with them.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 3
RE: GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix - 6/4/2011 12:11:51 PM   
mbar

Thanks for making my point Iain you responded to ilovestrategy in under 30 minutes. That's Matrix!

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 4
RE: GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix - 6/4/2011 2:13:11 PM   
bairdlander2

I have never had a problem with GG.I would still like to get some Matrix published titles I ordered through DR.I paid for extended downloads,yet cant get them.The only thing DR has on file is an anti virus program I bought almost 2 years ago.I e mailed Rutkins my serial numbers and no response.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 5
RE: GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix - 6/4/2011 3:13:20 PM   
mbar

My GG account is open now. I got this email while I slept.
quote:

I have a gazzilion emails to take care of, and i try to satisfy each and every customer, so it is hard to get to the updated stage having 5 emails to read until then :) Still, took some time on a weekend to carefully read all,
- i removed the games from our system,
- refund any payments made for 19.95,
- unblocked the account..
- and now i really hope that all this confusion is solved, and maybe we have gained back the positive impression from you. Really hope that the issue is resolved, it was very confusing to understand what happened initially. Hope your weekend will be better now and we may see you around again:)

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 6
RE: GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix - 6/4/2011 3:33:20 PM   
junk2drive

Thank you for posting the good as well as the bad.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 7
RE: GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix - 6/4/2011 4:11:25 PM   
mbar

Things happen and I'm glad it worked out. I was impressed he took time on the weekend to sort through his email. Of course I had to send a thank you email.

I like GG because they do have games other DDs do not carry. I thought going with them for FS would mean I'd be able to DL the game again but I know I could get a redownload from Plimus if I asked.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 8
RE: GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix - 6/4/2011 5:12:42 PM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: mbar

From now on I stick with Matrix.

Not to mention companies, like Matrix, that stick with "soft", customer friendly DRM. Your tale of woe could just as easily have centered around DRM hassles. Who needs them?

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 9
RE: GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix - 6/7/2011 8:07:37 AM   
David Heath

Hi

If you are having a issue downloading a product you have order PLEASE open a help desk ticket and let us know. We will handle it.

You can find our support page at http://www.matrixgames.com/support/. You will be to check our FAQ's, find your games, serial number and orders you have placed. You may even open a Help Desk ticket if you are still having a issue. Remember to check out our Members Club. You can reach that at http://www.matrixgames.com/members/members.asp Our Members Club gives you access to downloads, early beta patches and our gaming services. You can also (and should) register your games so in event of a computer crash you are covered.

David

< Message edited by David Heath -- 6/9/2011 12:23:55 AM >

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 10
RE: GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix - 6/7/2011 3:56:46 PM   
mbar

Thanks for the reminder David. Get some sleep 

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 11
RE: GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix - 6/8/2011 12:08:56 AM   
htuna

I've never had a problem with Gamers Gate.... and there support is very good.. just like Matrix

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 12
RE: GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix - 6/8/2011 3:56:36 AM   
hgilmer3

I never had a problem with GG and I have never needed support from them.

KurtC in the WITE PBEM module.

(in reply to htuna)
Post #: 13
RE: GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix - 6/8/2011 10:42:55 PM   
Lützow

Never got any problems with GG and I can pay in USD there. Big deal for us Euros with the current exchange rate.

That being said, they have some kind of DRM though with their mandatory installer. However, Matrix games I can just burn on DVD and it works like a boxed version.

(in reply to hgilmer3)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> GamersGate: I should have stuck with Matrix Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI