Having a Logitech G9. I was experiencing weird lag with the mouse in all screens, from menus to main game.
I tried various compatibility options (I have Vista 64 Home Premium) without any solution.
At one point I almost got the solution by reducing the DPI to 200, but while the mouse was finally a bit playable, it was slow as ...... and it wasn't completely lag free.
After a bit more experimenting I found the solution. I edited one of the three onboard (mouse memory) profiles, to have the mouse poll rate to 125. I left the DPI to my usual 2600. I Applied and closed the program.
I then manually changed the onboard profile to the one that had the poll rate to 125 (driver doesn't do it automatically). Oh, good idea is to have different colors for each profile so that you can go to the regular one you use for everything else without mixing them.
Anyway, game run and played just fine. The mouse was smooth as in Windows.
In other words, mouse issue fixed!
Some other options that might help, in the mouse driver for this profile, use speed and acceleration to OS. I am not saying it affects it, but in case it does...
As I said, poll rate 125, DPI to anything, and it works. :)
So, if your mouse driver can change the poll rate, try that to 125.
(now my only remaining problem is fixing the font used for the system names which uses two colors and makes it very hard to read)
If you want to thank me for the mouse problem solution then:
1)Post a thank you message here or
2)Gift me a Matrix Game :p or
3)Post a fix to the font/system issue I am having. or
4)Make a happy thought.
< Message edited by BlueMak -- 5/8/2011 11:29:45 AM >