Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

In Reply to [FAQ] New Database Sub-forums

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> In Reply to [FAQ] New Database Sub-forums Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
In Reply to [FAQ] New Database Sub-forums - 5/6/2011 1:26:23 PM   
Bucks

Since I wasn't consulted on this reorganisation and it seems it's assumed I'm not worth notifying. All further queries in regard to the HUD3 and related scenarios should be sent to the following email address:

dbuckley@advancedgaming.biz

If anyone has questions please email me directly in future.

Thanks in advance

Darren Buckley

Freedom is FREE, that's why it's bloody well called FREEdom...
Post #: 1
RE: In Reply to [FAQ] New Database Sub-forums - 5/15/2011 8:20:34 AM   
Bucks

Since nothing has been sent in a reply to my message I'll make it easier to understand...

By splitting all the Databases up, it seems to me that, there's an assumption whereby the relevant DB Editors are happy to provide support for their DB here.

In reality, if I edit a database and I support it here who really benefits? From where I sit it looks like an entity called, "Matrix Games". I'm not, nor have ever been officially associated with such an entity and therefore I not just supporting my work, I'm supporting their product (my DB just happens to be part of a game they sell).

I receive what Don Gilman likes to call, "Beer money" and for me it helps pay the rent and keep me connected to the internet (thanks again Don). If anyone thinks people are making money out of this, think again. If I added all the money I'd earned from ANW, I'd be making less than a $1 an hour. So my dedication and interest is all that keeps me going. Having a third party, (Matrix) appearing to add work to my never-ending list is something I don't need. In my opinion, dedicating a specific thread to an individual database serves only to increase my workload and provide free support for a product that, in reality I make almost nothing from. Anyway that's my 2 cents like it or not.

Cheers

Darren

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> In Reply to [FAQ] New Database Sub-forums Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI