Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ROTS 1.5.0.8 Upgrade Selected Design Button Works Wrong

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> ROTS 1.5.0.8 Upgrade Selected Design Button Works Wrong Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ROTS 1.5.0.8 Upgrade Selected Design Button Works Wrong - 4/26/2011 9:11:45 AM   
cookie monster

Just done a major manual upgrade of all my designs.

When the upgrade selected push button is pressed for that design.

It removes the Haakonish mega density fuel cell and replaces it with a ultra dense fuel cell of 40% less capacity plus it costs 4 times as much. Even the greatest stock fuel cell is not better than the Haakonish mega density fuel cell.

It also removes the Ugnari race's targetting system and replaces it with stock. The stock system will never upgrade to be better than the Ugnari's currently developed targetting system.

Strangely though it keeps the Kiadian's Shadow Ghost ECM over stock.

I have uploaded a save to the server called ''Upgrade Selected Design works badly''

Also my World Destroyer in Home Fleet has somehow retro fitted (even though the design is far too large at 2500 size) to an unfinished design.

Most of the cargo bays are unfinished.

I thought you could not retro fit designs which were larger than your max construction tech. This happened ages ago while I was playing so I don't have steps to reproduce. Perhaps you could use one of my earlier saves I provided.

The fleet section of the empire navigation tool has got messed up. The fleets were in numerical order starting at one and now they are all messed up. No save available.

Also could you check out the Cargoes at my Home Capital Planet. 99% is reserved and there are some which have a white box with a red X. Is this because the AI empire is removed from the game?

What exactly does reserve mean?

< Message edited by cookie monster -- 4/26/2011 9:14:24 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: ROTS 1.5.0.8 Upgrade Selected Design Button Works W... - 4/26/2011 9:58:13 AM   
Data

It means that that cargo has been bought already and it's waiting for a freighter to come pick it up. The same applies for inbound CS when they need to get resources in order to build a station.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 2
RE: ROTS 1.5.0.8 Upgrade Selected Design Button Works W... - 4/30/2011 2:26:18 AM   
Trifler

The Upgrade Selected Design uses the "Latest" components, which sadly I've come to realize doesn't mean the most advanced, it means the the component you've researched most recently. I think if they fixed this flawed logic it would help things a lot right there. 

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> ROTS 1.5.0.8 Upgrade Selected Design Button Works Wrong Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI