Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Punic Tricks Cheat

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> Punic Tricks Cheat Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Punic Tricks Cheat - 4/26/2011 4:33:38 AM   
ErikZ

I do not know if this is a programming error, or maybe I just do not understand the rule. When using the "Inspire Troops" option on the Punic Tricks card, the description says that I can double the attack factor for ONE unit. However, it allows me to double as many as I want. I simply drag the whole front line, one by one, onto the X2 area. Is this correct?
Post #: 1
RE: Punic Tricks Cheat - 4/26/2011 6:47:50 PM   
mercenarius

You can change the currently "inspired" unit by dragging a different unit onto the X2 area. You are allowed to do this during a battle.

But only the current unit should show the doubling. Are you sure that all of the units are remaining inspired?

When I try this I get only one unit retaining the "inspiration." That is how it should be.

James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC

(in reply to ErikZ)
Post #: 2
RE: Punic Tricks Cheat - 4/27/2011 4:57:47 AM   
ErikZ

Wow, I really thought the remaining forces were also doubled, but now it seems to be working as described. I guess I must be playing too late and my eyes are deceiving me !!!

(in reply to mercenarius)
Post #: 3
RE: Punic Tricks Cheat - 4/27/2011 2:28:02 PM   
nalivayko

If I may steer this a different direction, mercenarius....

When using Ambush, all unit values are doubled, which is reflected on their counters. When using Suprise, the description says the unit values should be doubled for the first turn of combat, however their counters do not reflect this... What gives? :)

(in reply to ErikZ)
Post #: 4
RE: Punic Tricks Cheat - 4/27/2011 8:48:41 PM   
mercenarius

The Surprise option gives each unit an attack bonus for the first round. And all hits scored are instead considered to be routs.

Where are you seeing the description for Surprise which states that the units will be doubled? I couldn't find such a description. Maybe I haven't looked everywhere.

HOWEVER, what should happen is a visual depiction of the unit with its temporary attack bonus. That doesn't happen and it should. One more small thing for 1.0.4, I suppose.

James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC

(in reply to nalivayko)
Post #: 5
RE: Punic Tricks Cheat - 4/28/2011 4:27:48 PM   
nalivayko

You are right, I did misread the description. And yes, a bonus indication should appear, glad you agree :) Would it be possible for you to post a list of intended small fixes for 1.04 - so that we do not pester you about the ones that already made it there (to the list, not my best sentence)?

(in reply to mercenarius)
Post #: 6
RE: Punic Tricks Cheat - 4/29/2011 4:02:51 AM   
mercenarius

quote:

Would it be possible for you to post a list of intended small fixes for 1.04 - so that we do not pester you about the ones that already made it there (to the list, not my best sentence)?

That is a good idea. I will post something like that over the weekend.

James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC

(in reply to nalivayko)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> Punic Tricks Cheat Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI