Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A tale of two panzer divisions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> A tale of two panzer divisions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A tale of two panzer divisions - 4/25/2011 8:27:46 AM   
Aussiematto

Not really an AAR, but interesting nevertheless.

late July 1942, in an intriguing game where, as Axis, I launched a massive southern assault against my opponent. I have been battling very strong defences and eventually managed to go around them via Stalingrad and headed north. Here are the TOE reports for two divisions in my army. Somehow I managed to get the weakest one out to recover...it is currently boasting the mighty strength of 1 rifle squad, 1 pioneer squad, 1 motorcycle squad and a few half-tracks. The 1000 remaining personnel fit for duty are still in shock after 6 weeks of constant fighting and will be retiring to Germany as heroes (for just surviving).

The other one speaks for itself and is positioned where it can do some damage.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by majeloz -- 4/25/2011 8:28:18 AM >

I still remember cardboard!
Post #: 1
RE: A tale of two panzer divisions - 4/25/2011 1:50:00 PM   
Klydon

Ouch. Whatever you do, don't remove that pioneer battalion or the division may collapse. Interesting that it is trying to use T26 and T34 tanks while 12 panzer is still mostly equipped with panzer 38's.. in 1942 no less. They could have a few issues if they run into T34's. 

(in reply to Aussiematto)
Post #: 2
RE: A tale of two panzer divisions - 4/25/2011 5:21:03 PM   
Aussiematto

Thanks for the advice. I am currently refitting that pz division while some fresh ones take up the onslaught. The fighting has been intense so i suspect that the use of old kit is a stop gap, with my factories not producing enough good stuff. i've been operating far from the railheads too, undertaking a very Guderian style offensive!

I still remember cardboard!

(in reply to Klydon)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> A tale of two panzer divisions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI