Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This looks like the perfect companion to WITE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> This looks like the perfect companion to WITE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This looks like the perfect companion to WITE - 4/24/2011 11:58:07 PM   
Commanderski

When I first saw this some time ago I thought it was just another take off of Battlefront's Combat Mission series. From what I've read in the forums so far this is a bunch of generations ahead of that! The detail and research involved in this matches what they did to War in the East. I've been playing WITE but with this you can see the actual battle of what you are playing. I think the two games would go together quite handily. The only problem would be to find the time to play them both..

I'm really looking forward to this one!
Post #: 1
RE: This looks like the perfect companion to WITE - 4/25/2011 4:49:36 AM   
CheerfullyInsane

Fret not, I give it a month or so before some lunatic tries to couple PCO with WitE, playing the entire Russian campaign on a 1:1 scale.

Least that way we have an excuse to play both.

"Something is always wrong, Baldrick. The fact that I'm not a millionaire aristocrat with the sexual capacity of a rutting rhino is a constant niggle"
- Edmund Blackadder

(in reply to Commanderski)
Post #: 2
RE: This looks like the perfect companion to WITE - 4/25/2011 8:19:02 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commanderski

When I first saw this some time ago I thought it was just another take off of Battlefront's Combat Mission series. From what I've read in the forums so far this is a bunch of generations ahead of that! The detail and research involved in this matches what they did to War in the East. I've been playing WITE but with this you can see the actual battle of what you are playing. I think the two games would go together quite handily. The only problem would be to find the time to play them both..

I'm really looking forward to this one!

I've been following WiTE thread for a while. I haven't picked it up yet as most of my free time is spend on PCO. But I did notice in one of the AARs someone mentioned a VP hex for Schlobin (Zhlobin). It caught my eye as that is the third battle in one of the Campaigns in PCO.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Commanderski)
Post #: 3
RE: This looks like the perfect companion to WITE - 4/25/2011 3:32:29 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Commanderski,

I think Panzer Command should be of great interest to anyone who studies and wargames the Eastern Front. It definitely covers a lot of the tactical ground that War in the East models in its battles. It has been designed for realism and includes a lot of historical detail. I think any War in the East player with an interest in the tactical scale will enjoy it.

Have a look at the demo once it's released and decide for yourselves.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> This looks like the perfect companion to WITE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI