Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Update on next public beta patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Update on next public beta patch Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Update on next public beta patch - 4/21/2011 12:13:17 PM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aditia

...changes to interdiction by fighter planes (unless I invented that in my mind only). Mobile reserves behind the lines will no longer be an effective tool to counter breakthroughs anywere on a large section of front line and has to be planned more meticulously.

On what basis are you drawing these conclusions?

(in reply to Aditia)
Post #: 31
RE: Update on next public beta patch - 4/21/2011 12:21:23 PM   
Aditia

You only quoted the part about interdiction. I meant the combination of increased movement attrition and adding of interdiction effects by fighters (I see a lot of harmless interdiction by fighters in v1.03) will seriously hamper the use of mobile reserves on the defence and force more use of railroads, which is a 2 turn process.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 32
RE: Update on next public beta patch - 4/21/2011 12:45:00 PM   
76mm

Well, I guess we'll see, but I don't think that the changes will make mobile reserves ineffective, just marginally less effective. In any event, I doubt that interdiction would slow you down more than training and detraining would.

I think interdiction effects in 1.03 were overpowered, and it sounds like they are being tweaked to reduce casualties but increase lost MP, which makes sense in general, although we'll have to see how it is implemented.

< Message edited by 76mm -- 4/21/2011 12:46:43 PM >

(in reply to Aditia)
Post #: 33
RE: Update on next public beta patch - 4/21/2011 2:30:06 PM   
Zort

I see you can't resign when it is not your turn. So do we still send requests to end the game as before?

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 34
RE: Update on next public beta patch - 4/21/2011 2:46:23 PM   
squatter

Pavel, could I ask for a little clarification on the effects of this rule:

"Rule Change - Introduced the concept of a commanding HQ for each side for each combat. Generally this commanding HQ is selected because it has the most CVs directly reporting to it in the battle. Units not reporting directly to the commanding HQ will suffer command battle modifiers that will reduce their CV for the battle. The battle report now lists the units in the battle grouped under the name of the HQ they report to. If an HQ’s units are suffering a command battle modifier, the amount of the CV reduction is shown next to the name of the HQ (for example XXIV Panzer Corps -36% indicates that each unit listed in this corps has had its CV reduced by 36%). The greater the number of HQ’s that the unit must trace through to reach the commanding HQ, the greater the modifier. In addition, units that report directly to a high command HQ suffer an additional 20% modifier, and those that report directly to an Army Group or Front suffer an additional 10% modifier (these are shown as part of the total modifier percentage displayed)."

Imagining an attack by the combined forces of two Soviet armies connected to the same front command in 1941, where for example six divisions of CV2 from each army are attacking, do you expect the influence of this rule to make such an attack more or less effective than under the current rule set?

Thanks

(in reply to Zort)
Post #: 35
RE: Update on next public beta patch - 4/21/2011 3:10:22 PM   
Helpless

Steve,

Without going into math details, in most cases new rules would result in less reduction. Especially in case of reserve commitment. Also reserve commitment depends on the new command modifier and since it is much lower for Axis Corps/Army structures than Army/Front, they will have higher chance to join the attack without chance of spoiling it as it was before.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 36
RE: Update on next public beta patch - 4/21/2011 6:17:51 PM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zort

I see you can't resign when it is not your turn. So do we still send requests to end the game as before?

You can contact your opponent via their login name on the Slitherine forum and either have them resign or have them send the turn back to you so you can resign. If you can't reach them and thus can't resign, you can post a request to have the game taken off the server.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Zort)
Post #: 37
RE: Update on next public beta patch - 4/21/2011 7:12:42 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speedy

I can verify this is a lot better now. As Pav mentioned Recon can get invovled in Partisan re-supply (which they shouldn't) but now you'll find many re-supply missions occur with between 5-15 planes delivering vital supplies, NKVD Squads etc (these are VITAL to getting the Partisan's going, moving and causing chaos).

Let me know what you think now but my testing on this says it looks pretty good now.

I suppose that depends on which side of the fence you're on. As Speedy's opponent, I'd say that things look rather dismal...

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 38
RE: Update on next public beta patch - 4/21/2011 9:06:21 PM   
76mm

Partisan supply looks good! Instructed my crews to drop some cases of champagne and caviar to kick things off!

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Update on next public beta patch Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI