Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship Sinking SFX

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Ship Sinking SFX Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship Sinking SFX - 9/23/2002 7:32:26 AM   
Admiral DadMan

Can someone come up with a more dramatic sound of a ship sinking? The one that plays now sounds like when I pour a glass if ice cold Vanilla Coke (hey, too much Foster's makes me think I have twice the forces under my command...).

Something like groaning steel like in the movie [I]Titanic[/I][/B].

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Post #: 1
Re: Ship Sinking SFX - 9/23/2002 8:34:20 AM   
pasternakski

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Admiral DadMan
[B]Can someone come up with a more dramatic sound of a ship sinking? The one that plays now sounds like when I pour a glass if ice cold Vanilla Coke (hey, too much Foster's makes me think I have twice the forces under my command...).

Something like groaning steel like in the movie [I]Titanic[/I][/B]. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, you know? The current version is very much like the sound a trireme makes in Civ II when it strays too far from land and goes "urk-urk," only quieter.

There's such a thing as too much Foster's? Ah, yes, the Admiral. He has the strength of 10, for his beer - I mean heart - is pure.

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to Admiral DadMan)
Post #: 2
- 9/23/2002 9:39:21 AM   
Admiral DadMan

Maybe I should have named myself "Drunken Admiral DadMan", or "Positively Pissed Admiral DadMan"

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

Post #: 3
- 9/24/2002 3:01:32 AM   
pasternakski

Have you noticed that the Foster's we get in the states is now brewed and bottled in Calgary, Alberta? Yep, they're drainin' 'er out of the same Canadian moose that LaBatts, Moosehead, and Molson come from.

There oughta be a law.

And I carry on anyhow.

Post #: 4
- 9/26/2002 9:46:42 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Pasternakski, sorry to put my oar into everything you wrote recently... (I'm at work but there is nothing to do, so... darn economic recession) :D

Regarding Foster's, the stuff we get here in Germany is brewed and bottled by a German brewery somewhere in northern Germany. They claim they are using ingredients from Australia - the water, for sure, haha. Actually they use grain from Australia, but this can probably be found in lots of other German beers, too - but this doesn't make them Foster's either :rolleyes:.
But I have to come to the defense of LaBatt. I wouldn't have survived my study abroad experience in the states w/o LaBatt, nor would have the rest of the German students. It has become part of the counselling for each next generation of exchange students not to experiment with other brands because they will most likely end up with LaBatt Blue anyway. This doesn't mean it is a good beer, it is just one of the best of those available over there...

Sure, it is a matter of taste (or patriotism). On the other hand, we are [U]German[/U] students - we know about beer. :D

Post #: 5
- 9/27/2002 11:56:01 PM   
pasternakski

Hey, LST. Which one of your former PMs said about Germany, "We have the oldest students and youngest retirees in the world?"

You're right about Labatt's. I used to swig a lot of that swill when I lived in Minnesota (the U.S. version of Siberia). I wound up preferring the "Ice" variety, for whatever reason (maybe because it came in black cans, I dunno).

We can't get it here in the land of Californicators, so I have to order it online from a liquor store in Minneapolis.

Prosit!

(ummm... what was this thread about again???)

And I carry on anyhow.

Post #: 6
- 9/28/2002 12:39:33 AM   
von Murrin

Good God! A former Minnesotan and you haven't experienced the joy that is James Page?! :p
Bottled right here in Minneapolis, on the verge of the the great frozen northern wastes. :D

I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!

Post #: 7
- 9/29/2002 11:20:47 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pasternakski
[B]Hey, LST. Which one of your former PMs said about Germany, "We have the oldest students and youngest retirees in the world?"
[/B][/QUOTE]

Sad but true. As I said, darn economic recession... Btw, in modification of a commercial for a well-known canadian beer: We have a chancellor, not a PM. We believe in peace-keeping, not policing... ;)

Post #: 8
- 9/29/2002 11:42:05 PM   
HARD_SARGE

Hi LST

We have a chancellor, not a PM. We believe in peace-keeping, not policing...

yes and over the last 130 years or so, you have been doing a very fine job of it too :)

HARD_Sarge

Post #: 9
- 9/30/2002 4:19:10 AM   
pasternakski

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LargeSlowTarget
[B]

Sad but true. As I said, darn economic recession... Btw, in modification of a commercial for a well-known canadian beer: We have a chancellor, not a PM. We believe in peace-keeping, not policing... ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

SAD??? Let me in on this, willya?

Ach, das ist richtig. Sam.

Ja, wir sind die Weltpolizeie - "Idiots," nicht wahr?

And I carry on anyhow.

Post #: 10
- 9/30/2002 5:09:53 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

Hard_Sarge: Sarcasm, I love it :). Our history will always be held against us, which is a good thing because the one who forgets the past is condemned to repeat it. Talking about German history you are right, but recent events (Germany-USA-Iraq) may shed a different light - Germany is no longer bent on waging war. But I didn't intend to start a discussion on this controversial topic, unfortunately I quoted this part of the stupid commercial (to facilitate its recognition) without paying attention to the possible implications.

Pasternakski: See last sentence.

Post #: 11
- 10/1/2002 3:16:48 AM   
Matt Erickson

why does'nt somone rip the sound file from "aces of the deep"
that had a really cool sinking sound albeit from under water.:D

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Ship Sinking SFX Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI