Early May 1863 Strategy
1. Losing 3 brigades in Kenawha was not in the plan. However, despite the casualties, Heth's Valley District forces aren't in that bad of shape. Since they retreated into Cincinnati, I will shuffle the better units from Lee's command to see if I can counterattack at the opportune time. The downside, is that with the loss of Kenawha, they can cut my trans-Confederate railroad.
2. Jackson continues to rebuild as does Weisiger. Buell seems stuck trying to loot Memphis, while not laying seige to Island #10. I can only think that it is a big somehow.
3. St. Louis has joined our cause with 10/14 MP still available in the province. I am contemplating draining it dry before the Union makes a concerted effort to counterattack.
4. Once Jackson's army is replenished, I should probably move forward and do an aggressive seige on Nashville. An all out assault would be costly, but it could cause havoc with the Union forces near Memphis.
5. I expect the Union to move into Fredericksburg this turn and start the capture of N. Virginia.
6. I ended up building one extra armory. Right now, my focus is to use spare resources on unit upgrades. I am consistently winning and losing battles with 2 to 1 casualty margins. Not in my favor. For fighting primarily a defensive campaign, that is not a good sign.
7. Overall, the strategy for the next four turns or so is mainly a wait and see approach.