Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Diplomacy request sorta..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Diplomacy request sorta.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Diplomacy request sorta.. - 3/14/2011 5:05:08 AM   
Larsenex

So as the Humans conquering the galaxy I have made allies of the Securans (cause I have a thing for cute blue gals). Anyway, I noticed that I can 'go to war' for them as it costs me nothing and I can get them to go to war for me since we have a mutual defense pact.

Now, one can assume that the ai can see this as well. I would like a feature where I can tell another AI to STOP attacking or make peace with the other side, in this case I want the Ikuros to stop their war with the Securans. I have no means to do so. I have a defense pact with the Securans and Id like to use that as a diplomacy stick. "Hey stop your war with the Securans or Ill go to war with you (now)!", or something like that. I want to go to war with them anyway and I will but it would be nice if I can stop them from gobbling up my allies planets till I am just another month or two ready.

By the way, I am having a blast with my latest game. I have had some crashes when I use the editor but I try to go back and do something different and change that path so I avoid it. I had two instances when I used the editor on some planets that I would give me that continue or close option, arrrhgg.

Anyway, I wanted a way to threaten other empires if they were at war with my allies and there does not seem to be a way. Where can I 'ask' for this?

Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.
Post #: 1
RE: Diplomacy request sorta.. - 3/14/2011 7:42:42 AM   
Mofouler

This would be a great option as there is plenty of times where my allies get in a war and their losing but I don't wanna have to go to war for it exactly and even if I did the empire there at war with is either too far or not worth fighting.

Another option that would be great would be to sell military ships to Empire. Or maybe make a military contract. This would allow you to give military aide (behind closed doors) and actually help the ai in a war. There were so many times were there was an empire that had maybe 1 or 2 colonies and they were surrounded by another much larger empire but it would be great if they got some ships and troops under their wing and hopefully they could break and cause some chaos among their lines.

(in reply to Larsenex)
Post #: 2
RE: Diplomacy request sorta.. - 3/14/2011 7:52:43 AM   
J HG T

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mofouler

Another option that would be great would be to sell military ships to Empire. Or maybe make a military contract...

Been requested many times in diplomacy discussions, and I agree that it should be included.
Would give many neat ways to assist allies and support other empires.
This option was in GalCiv 2, but srangely I remember this feature better from Total Annihilation.

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."

(in reply to Mofouler)
Post #: 3
RE: Diplomacy request sorta.. - 3/14/2011 9:37:33 AM   
Data

Vote for it on Igard's poll, it will certainly get more visibility than the already huuge wishlist

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 4
RE: Diplomacy request sorta.. - 3/14/2011 1:40:20 PM   
Larsenex

Data there is no direct poll request but I voted anyway...=)

Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 5
RE: Diplomacy request sorta.. - 3/14/2011 1:51:01 PM   
Data

Sry for the confusion, I meant to say that you can request Igard to introduce it explicitly...though now it would be kinda late. But we can have another more complet poll later.....it's certainly usefull.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Larsenex)
Post #: 6
RE: Diplomacy request sorta.. - 3/14/2011 2:35:39 PM   
MartialDoctor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larsenex

Data there is no direct poll request but I voted anyway...=)

Wouldn't this be included under "More Diplomatic Options"?

(in reply to Larsenex)
Post #: 7
RE: Diplomacy request sorta.. - 3/14/2011 2:59:48 PM   
Data

yes, but that is a generic category; we can put all the options we want explicitly to gauge the number of requests as well as their importance to the community. I've already suggested this to Igard.

(in reply to MartialDoctor)
Post #: 8
RE: Diplomacy request sorta.. - 3/14/2011 4:26:59 PM   
Igard

Diplomacy is such a huge topic, I could create a poll entirely for it.

For now though, I'd rather just add this to the diplomatic options in parentheses, More Diplomatic Options (Stop your war with..., Join our empire etc).

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 9
RE: Diplomacy request sorta.. - 3/14/2011 4:43:51 PM   
Data

Maybe we could wait until we have confirmation that this is highly requested, then consider detailing it. Any option is good, we should use polls more frequently

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Diplomacy request sorta.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI