Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about team colors (0 key)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Question about team colors (0 key) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about team colors (0 key) - 3/10/2011 7:34:52 AM   
FLiP777

Hi, just have a simple question about the 0 key that shows the team colored circles, if anyone has time to answer. You see I am colorblind, with most games I can tell the difference enough, but in tos the green and yellow(?) colored circles are exactly alike for me. On a side note, for some reason it seems like an unwritten rule that colorblind sensitive colors (for me) are always on separate teams in games, which is bad news for my team mates when friendly fire is allowed. Yea I know, I know... "I'm sorry your honor I killed all those people because I'm colorblind", bad excuse right.

Was having some serious emotional trouble with fear of attacking allies in 4 sided games before I found out that you can only target hostiles, that is cleared up, but still it means I have to engage targeting mode to determine the allegiance of any given titan, like for example when there is an airdrop or a huge battle. Is there any way I can determine what team/side a unit is on without involving color or targeting? Or perhaps a hotkey that produces list of players and their respective sides as the only one I could find only lists the players current team, though I may have missed something somewhere. It seems like I used to remember the a mid battle list showing all players in a previous version, much like the exit battle information screen. That would help because I could just identify them by jock name.

If both of those are out of the question then perhaps I can modify a few image files somewhere without much difficulty?
Post #: 1
RE: Question about team colors (0 key) - 3/10/2011 8:38:29 AM   
LarkinVB

Listing all teams takes the fun out of missions were you don't know your enemy. Listing just the titans in sight isn't implemented. I think the easiest way is to edit images\hexmark.tga

(in reply to FLiP777)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about team colors (0 key) - 3/10/2011 9:00:58 AM   
FLiP777

Ah, okay thanks for pointing me to the file and the incredibly timely response considering this games age.

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Question about team colors (0 key) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI