Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gas Clouds in Resource List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Gas Clouds in Resource List Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gas Clouds in Resource List - 3/6/2011 12:13:16 PM   
Iopis

Hi Everyone,

Seeing as how this is my first post, just like to say wow great game

Anyways, one thing i have noticed for the past few patches is that a gas cloud in the resource list, after having an extractor fully built on it, will not disappear from the resource list,

Not quite sure if this is a bug but i will post a screenshot soon
Post #: 1
RE: Gas Clouds in Resource List - 3/6/2011 4:24:30 PM   
Data

hi Iopis and welcome to the community
by resource list you mean the expansion planner, map or other list? I think it's the former but better clarify it.
I think this is wad as you can have multiple extractors at a gas cloud (a mining station and a mining ship for example). Gas clouds are different in this from planets for example which should be eliminated from the list once a mining station is build there as you cannot have more than one at a planet.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Iopis)
Post #: 2
RE: Gas Clouds in Resource List - 3/6/2011 5:09:18 PM   
Merker

Yo dude, welcome to the forums of this freakishly AWESOME game!!!!!!!!!
Indeed, as Mr. Data nicely pointed out, gas clouds can be mined by multiple stations/resupply ships/gas mining ships/custom ships with gas mining gear. They are technically nebulae, made out of that gas, so HUGE amounts of that stuff stretching for lightyears. Makes sense that you can have multiple bases.

Also, I would like to point out that planets can also be mined by ships with mining gear even if there's a mining base present. I've seen this in the case of resupply ships and gas miners, and when I place a starbase class station with mining gear, anyone else can place a mining base on that planet still....

Cheers

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 3
RE: Gas Clouds in Resource List - 3/6/2011 8:56:36 PM   
Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data

... once a mining station is build there as you cannot have more than one at a planet.

Being my usual pedantic self - the actual case is that "once construction has been completed at a planet...".

You can have multiple mining stations at a planet. Two races send their construction ships to a target gas giant to build gas mining stations - the second arrives after the first has started construction but before it has completed. In this case, once they have both finished, you end up with two stations.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Gas Clouds in Resource List Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI