Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No Serial Number for Retail Version

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> Tech Support >> No Serial Number for Retail Version Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No Serial Number for Retail Version - 3/5/2011 5:28:15 PM   
Scritty

I notice the retail version I bought is not up to date. I downloaded the 14.00 patch and it asks for a seriel number.
Am I looking in the wrong place? I can't see one anywhere. Disk, case and manual searched and no sign.
I buy a lot from MAarix and know how it works. CotA etc. have numbers on the actual disk itself - but nothing is on this disk. I can send you pictures of it if you like.

How can I upgrade?

Cheers

Paul
Post #: 1
RE: No Serial Number for Retail Version - 3/5/2011 5:36:20 PM   
Scritty

Just been on their site and they say it's up to the publisher to patch it. Publisher has no current game info.
In fact it says "Pre order this game now" for a game that had a retail release 9 months ago!

Remind me not to buy another game from these jokers.
I would like to know I could buy the expansion and it would work. I won't be buying the game a second time just to play the expansion.
Overall very unhappy with "deal with it yourself" attitude of developers and the seemingly "never updated" site of the publishers.
I'll stick to Matrix in future and well clear of this developer and whoever the publisher is as well.

I feel well and truly ripped off.

(in reply to Scritty)
Post #: 2
RE: No Serial Number for Retail Version - 3/7/2011 4:03:01 PM   
mbar

Try here
http://www.ntronium.com/Updates.html

There are links to all the different ways you can update the game. One of them should work for you. If the publisher is not Matrix or Iceberg then try the "other" link at the bottm of the update page. That one you just extract the files into your Armada 2526 folder.

< Message edited by mbar -- 3/7/2011 4:04:03 PM >

(in reply to Scritty)
Post #: 3
RE: No Serial Number for Retail Version - 4/3/2011 8:05:26 AM   
Ntronium

The Matrix updates only work for the Matrix versions of the game. It's Matrix's choice to package the game differently, not that of the developer or the European publisher.

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> Tech Support >> No Serial Number for Retail Version Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI