Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1st turn level bomber squadrons not available to fly airfield attacks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> 1st turn level bomber squadrons not available to fly airfield attacks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1st turn level bomber squadrons not available to fly ai... - 3/5/2011 1:32:18 PM   
Caranorn

In my current game I've noticed a problem with a number of german level bomber squadrons not being available to fly airfield attack missions.

For the first turn I've lowered the percent to fly setting to 10% so a maximum of damage can be wrecked on the Soviet airforce. I then select an airbase closest to my target (for example 24th LW nw of Lwov) and shift click the target (Soviet 63 SAD west of Lwov) to manually select squadrons to fly. Looking through the list of available assets for this mission I then notice some in close vicinity are not present and others further away (and outside the direct chain of command) are (continuing the example, elements of KG55 (He 111) which are located at this base are selectable, also elements of KG3 (Ju 88) located 10 hexes from the base and attached to Army Group Centre and not South, yet KG's 51 and 54 respectively 10 and 4 hexes from 24th LW and attached to South are not available). So essentially a number of level bomber squadrons that should be able to fly are not, greatly reducing the capacity to destroy the Soviet airforce. In my example I showed the situation in Army Group South area only, in AGC it's far worse as not a single level bomber squadron is selectable (KG's 2, 3 and 53 at least are within range with Ju 88 and Do 17) and instead just tactical bombers (StG 1, 2 and 77 all with Ju 87). In AGN the problem is similar to that of AGS.

Note, as far as I can tell all these level bomber squadrons are located on bases with sufficient supply and ammunition, no bases have moved, neither squadrons transferred.

So I don't understand what's causing this problem. Anyone have an idea? Any sugestions?

Marc aka Caran... ministerialis
Post #: 1
RE: 1st turn level bomber squadrons not available to fl... - 3/5/2011 7:11:34 PM   
Joel Billings

What version are you playing? If you have a save where you can identify air groups you think should be included if you try to pick a given target (with a given stage base if selecting one), then please send the info and the save to 2by3@2by3games.com and I'll take a look.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Caranorn)
Post #: 2
RE: 1st turn level bomber squadrons not available to fl... - 3/5/2011 7:14:48 PM   
Caranorn

It's the current version. I'll send you a save...

Marc aka Caran... ministerialis

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
RE: 1st turn level bomber squadrons not available to fl... - 3/5/2011 9:09:15 PM   
DBeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

What version are you playing? If you have a save where you can identify air groups you think should be included if you try to pick a given target (with a given stage base if selecting one), then please send the info and the save to 2by3@2by3games.com and I'll take a look.

quote:

a number of level bomber squadrons that should be able to fly are not, greatly reducing the capacity to destroy the Soviet airforce. In my example I showed the situation in Army Group South area only,

Joel - I already raised this issue a while back - Pavel said it was something to do with the way the routine selects air groups for display... there is a post in here somewhere about it I will try to find it.

Here - I think its the same issue - had to explain a couple of times - but Pavel explains the reason at some point - not sure I understand it but did intiamte he would look at a fix ?
Didnt send a save as its quite repeatable using the guide I stated from any game start

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2708138&mpage=1&key=?

< Message edited by DBeves -- 3/5/2011 9:14:45 PM >

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
RE: 1st turn level bomber squadrons not available to fl... - 3/7/2011 4:05:08 PM   
carnifex

Pull up Commanders Report to see which planes still haven't flown. Go to the airbase with the planes you want to fly and select that as the staging base. Shift-right click on target and those planes should show up on the list.

Using that method I was able to get almost every bomber on target and achieved this:

That number would be way smaller if I let the AI pick the staging bases and strike composition.

< Message edited by carnifex -- 3/7/2011 4:07:43 PM >

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> 1st turn level bomber squadrons not available to fly airfield attacks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI