Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

best ideas to make F4u's less of a game-changer

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> best ideas to make F4u's less of a game-changer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
best ideas to make F4u's less of a game-changer - 2/27/2011 11:10:55 PM   
borner

Most of us that play this game admit that the F4U is just too powerful. I have seen and played with several different house rules to reduce the effect of these planes by mid-43. One i am playing iwth now only allows 3 groups forward, and of course none on carriers, but as every Wildcat group converts, this does not seem like a workable option.

I was wondering what others have tried. IKE had the idea of changing the groups that arrive with these planes to other types, such as p-40 or p-38's using the editor. I was thinking of not allowing any arriving f4u groups to leave back areas and only have converted groups forward. Has anyone tried another idea that works well?
Post #: 1
RE: best ideas to make F4u's less of a game-changer - 3/1/2011 9:01:16 PM   
Miller

Even only allowing converted groups forward would mean 6 or 7 available sqds by June 43, so changing the groups that arrive with them to another type would make little difference. A single sqd of F4Us shot down 50 high exp Zeros for 2 losses in our game.

The only way to fix them is to ammend the a/c stats in the editor.......which you cannot do in UV.....and probably never will be able to.

(in reply to borner)
Post #: 2
RE: best ideas to make F4u's less of a game-changer - 3/2/2011 5:47:35 AM   
RGIJN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miller

The only way to fix them is to ammend the a/c stats in the editor.......which you cannot do in UV.....and probably never will be able to.

Understand the issue very well guys, and agree to the F4U chagrin.

as it seems to me the editor has many shortcomings anyway. And this is the reason I never used it very much yet, so I am really not a pro with it.
But it looks as one can change at least the armament (type, number and facing) of an A/C. Is this a viable option? Or how about modifying the EXP values down to the 20s or so?

Not sure if my post is of much help....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 3
RE: best ideas to make F4u's less of a game-changer - 3/2/2011 12:40:16 PM   
Miller

Altering the pilot exp might make a difference, but it would have to be set very low as even green pilots are killers in them. Ike tried reducing the number of guns to only 2 but it did not have much effect.

I have thought of one way to stop large numbers appearing. Increase the delay dates on all the units that arrive with them to after the end of the scenario, likewise do the same with a number of Wildcat sqds that upgrade to them. You might have to do the same with several Jap fighter sqds to balance out the numbers later in the game......

Edit: Or you could change the a/c type for them, for example turn them into P38s or P40s.....

< Message edited by Miller -- 3/2/2011 12:47:51 PM >

(in reply to RGIJN)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> best ideas to make F4u's less of a game-changer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI