Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Premature Mud?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Premature Mud? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Premature Mud? - 2/25/2011 7:30:40 PM   
mmarquo

Turn 7, Road to Smolensk - I upgraded to 1.03 6 to do this turn. It is now mud; the default is nonrandom weather. I closed it and did not do my move - it is on the server. Can someone please check it out?

Thanks,

Marquo
Post #: 1
RE: Premature Mud? - 2/25/2011 8:57:25 PM   
Joel Billings

I checked. Your game shows it is using Random weather and on turn 8 I see mud in weather zone 4 which can happen.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 2
RE: Premature Mud? - 2/25/2011 9:12:52 PM   
Tarhunnas

I feel that mud in june, july and august is a bit unrealistic. It also has a major impact on the game, given the negative effect for the Germans, especially if the are unlucky and have two or more mud turns in summer. OTOH non-random weather is too predictable for my taste. Any chance of having an option for a little less random random weather?

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
RE: Premature Mud? - 2/25/2011 9:37:25 PM   
mmarquo

Joel,

Perhaps my brain is fried (possible from too much WITE ), but the Game Option reads, "Nonrandom Weather X."   So if the box is checked, doesn't that enable nonrandom weather?   

Mark

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 4
RE: Premature Mud? - 2/25/2011 10:10:06 PM   
Joel Billings

An X in the box indicates it was not chosen and may not be changed. A check mark indicates it was chosen.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 5
RE: Premature Mud? - 2/26/2011 2:29:23 AM   
mmarquo

Thanks - this is my first server game and this presentation is different from the nonserver option screen.

Marquo

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 6
RE: Premature Mud? - 2/26/2011 12:53:39 PM   
Zebedee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tarhunnas

I feel that mud in june, july and august is a bit unrealistic. It also has a major impact on the game, given the negative effect for the Germans, especially if the are unlucky and have two or more mud turns in summer. OTOH non-random weather is too predictable for my taste. Any chance of having an option for a little less random random weather?

In fairness, as you're appealing to realism, there were a number of days throughout summer '41 when movement was radically reduced due to weather conditions. The cumulative impact of that would pretty much equate to a turn or two of mud even prior to the prolonged period which is so often highlighted. Not saying I'm keen on the zones used in the game by any means, but there is a historical foundation to seeing such conditions and saying it's 'a bit unrealistic' is untrue.

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Premature Mud? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI