Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Titan Insurance (idea)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Titan Insurance (idea) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Titan Insurance (idea) - 2/17/2011 4:05:41 AM   
Fornax

Could it be possible to buy insurance for titans?

An INSURE TITAN option could be added beneath SELL TITAN on the HQ titan summary page. If the titan is damaged the message "Titan must be repaired first!" appears.

Insurance is full coverage and reduces repair/replacement cost of the titan by 100%.

Near the top of the page an INSURANCE field could be added just below the COST field:

WEIGHT: 40.0 t
COST: 050470 $
INSURANCE: 15141 $/month

The price of insurance would be based on the cost of the titan, something like 30%/month for full coverage. If a titan is destroyed then the insurance company will furnish the team with a replacement titan of the same design (of the destroyed titan, not the titan in the database of the same name because it might have been altered since the titan was purchased) immediately at the end of the match.

Total insurance costs would be added to the UPKEEP TITANS field on the ONLINE BANKING page. Insurance plans auto-renew each month. Once purchased, the INSURE TITAN option changes to CANCEL INSURANCE, or CANCEL PLAN if there's not enough room.

This way teams would have the option of paying a higher monthly upkeep for the benefit of more predictable finances.

And keep in mind, you're under no obligation to buy and no sales person will call. If your titan is between 40t and 200t you're automatically approved for coverage. It's guaranteed, in Your Personal Enrollment Kit.

Anyways, it's getting late...

< Message edited by Fornax -- 2/17/2011 4:12:27 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Titan Insurance (idea) - 3/29/2011 5:39:07 PM   
Ghstbear

Interesting, but there is a big difference between a titan and a car. I don't know if any insurance company would insure a car that performs in a derby for instance. I believe there was a case of Loyd's of London insuring Evel Knievel, but for ridiculous fees: Cincinnati Magazine

(in reply to Fornax)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Titan Insurance (idea) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI