Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: unhappiness - at war with race of colony

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> RE: unhappiness - at war with race of colony Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: unhappiness - at war with race of colony - 1/24/2011 10:25:25 PM   
Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

quote:

Put simply - if you don't have time to QA a change - then make sure you have a switch so people can disable the change. That's how MOST companies work

I've never seen this implemented in any game I've ever played in my,life, that would be in the hundreds

You see it more at the dev and QA end of things. Or on the corporate end of things, where hotfixes are released to address specific client requirements.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 31
RE: unhappiness - at war with race of colony - 1/25/2011 4:52:42 PM   
cmdrnarrain

This problem has been around from the beginning.  The problem I have with it is that there is no way to stop it or even effectively manage it.

You don't have to take over independent colonies to make this a problem.  The alien colony just have to be near by for their population to start showing up on your worlds.  This is what I can not stand, the lack of a choice.   I can choose to invade, use a colony ship of another alien race, or to take over an independent colony, but the passive infiltration of aliens race can not be stopped except by distance.  Which sucks.

I do not have a problem with the penalties, because adding alien races to your empire has a lot of benefits.  What this game needs is the ability to control and manage it.   To manage it you should be able to sort by population type on the colony screen.  It should show the ratio of comparative numbers of each.  Ideally, you should be able to transfer aliens around your empire easily e.g. to make worlds entirely alien or dilute the theirs across your empire, etc.   Rebellions shouldn't just happen either, you should have time to do something about it.

There should be new tech, which reduces the impact of have multiple alien races.  The should also be new tech which reduces war weariness because there is point in this game where all that is left to do is to eliminate all of the other alien empires.   Whichs is almost impossible to do now.

Their are also way to many Trekies and Star Wars fans on this forum.  They need to keep their ideological bullcrap out this game because it isn't a Star Wars or Star Trek.  That is what modds are for after all.

"Good, evil... I'm the guy with the World Destroyer"

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 32
RE: unhappiness - at war with race of colony - 1/26/2011 12:18:02 AM   
tofudog

Humie customs officer1: "Excuse me, Sir, but this is a No-Boskarans allowed planet."
Boskaran settler: "Racist pink-face! I will sue your space-dictator for violating species rights!"
Humie customs officer2: "Seems he has a point, maybe we better let it go..."

3 weeks later the planet (by now populated with a sizable minority of 42 bosk´ns and 462000 bosk´n guns) seceded from the glorious stellar federation and joined the boskaran space empire.

...sh*t happens

(in reply to cmdrnarrain)
Post #: 33
RE: unhappiness - at war with race of colony - 1/26/2011 5:47:30 PM   
cmdrnarrain

Well the good news is that this a game, which means fun so you don't have to worry about all of the PC crap.

I really do think the developers need to take a long hard look at the managment screens and make a number of improvements.

"Good, evil... I'm the guy with the World Destroyer"

(in reply to tofudog)
Post #: 34
RE: unhappiness - at war with race of colony - 1/26/2011 9:22:56 PM   
elanaahova

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

quote:

Put simply - if you don't have time to QA a change - then make sure you have a switch so people can disable the change. That's how MOST companies work

I've never seen this implemented in any game I've ever played in my,life, that would be in the hundreds

With all due respect... I have, they are usually called hot fixes.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> RE: unhappiness - at war with race of colony Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI