Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

P38F

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> P38F Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
P38F - 1/9/2011 4:35:02 PM   
bigred

Why would the allies want to allow the p38f to upgrade to the p38g when the F model produces 40 planes per month and all later models produce 20 frames per month?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: P38F - 1/9/2011 4:49:39 PM   
ckammp

The P-38F does not upgrade to the P-38G.

The P-38G is produced on-map (at Los Angeles) at a rate of 20 planes per month. This model will upgrade to P-38H, which is also produced on-map (at a separate factory at Los Angeles) at a rate of planes per month for a total of 40 planes per month. This is repeated for the P-38J and P-38L, at which point the Allies will be producing 80 P-38Ls per month.

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 2
RE: P38F - 1/9/2011 4:53:30 PM   
khyberbill

Keep in mind that the P38F production stops the month before the P38G production starts.

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 3
RE: P38F - 1/10/2011 4:11:09 AM   
crsutton

Some planes for the Allies. (B25, B24, P38 to name a few) are converted to the next available model. However, you keep the production level of the old model as well as adding the production of the newer model. Open the intellegence report and look at the replacement chart for your planes. If there is no continuation of production then the listed plane-say P40 E will have no newer model listed to the right. This means that production for that line is terminated at the end date. However look at the P38G. You get 20 of these a month but to the right of the production numers on the replacement list you will see the P38H is listed. That means the factory producing this plane will convert to the P38H at the right time and your factory will be producing the 20 newer H models plus you will getting an additional 20 H models for a total of 40. You can find the factory on the west coast and choose to turn off the upgrade which would them mean that you would still produce 20 G types and 20 H types a month. (I had turned of the upgrade for my B25 C bomber until this last patch where they fixed the problem with attack bombers) but have now turned it on and the factory now produces 20 B25 D1s instead and I get a total of 30 D1 types a month in all.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 4
RE: P38F - 1/10/2011 4:33:40 AM   
bigred

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Some planes for the Allies. (B25, B24, P38 to name a few) are converted to the next available model. However, you keep the production level of the old model as well as adding the production of the newer model. Open the intellegence report and look at the replacement chart for your planes. If there is no continuation of production then the listed plane-say P40 E will have no newer model listed to the right. This means that production for that line is terminated at the end date. However look at the P38G. You get 20 of these a month but to the right of the production numers on the replacement list you will see the P38H is listed. That means the factory producing this plane will convert to the P38H at the right time and your factory will be producing the 20 newer H models plus you will getting an additional 20 H models for a total of 40. You can find the factory on the west coast and choose to turn off the upgrade which would them mean that you would still produce 20 G types and 20 H types a month. (I had turned of the upgrade for my B25 C bomber until this last patch where they fixed the problem with attack bombers) but have now turned it on and the factory now produces 20 B25 D1s instead and I get a total of 30 D1 types a month in all.

Thanks all. Good answers...

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 5
RE: P38F - 1/10/2011 4:34:22 AM   
bigred

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Thanks All. Good info...

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> P38F Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI