Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dumping Ammo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Dumping Ammo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dumping Ammo - 1/8/2011 4:55:27 AM   
rmwilsonjr

What's with the message that appears in the message window regularly and repeatedly during scenario play that says: "Weapon Mount 27 mm Mauser BK-27 Air Cannon is overfilled, discarding exess weapons. 1 27 mm BK-27 Burst heaved overboard."

The message appears seemingly at random during play. Clearly, whatever platform has the mount is overstocked with ammo, but this seems a rather strange loop in the logistics routines. Ideas? Should I just grin and ignore it? It doesn't seem to affect the game.

Richard
Post #: 1
RE: Dumping Ammo - 1/8/2011 11:44:35 AM   
Bucks

quote:

ORIGINAL: rmwilsonjr

What's with the message that appears in the message window regularly and repeatedly during scenario play that says: "Weapon Mount 27 mm Mauser BK-27 Air Cannon is overfilled, discarding exess weapons. 1 27 mm BK-27 Burst heaved overboard."

The message appears seemingly at random during play. Clearly, whatever platform has the mount is overstocked with ammo, but this seems a rather strange loop in the logistics routines. Ideas? Should I just grin and ignore it? It doesn't seem to affect the game.

From memory it's not a HUD3 problem and it's not random even if it seems to be.

The issue is where an aircraft's cannon mount may have a capacity set to say 10/10 bursts, yet the weapon record filling it is set to a higher value, i.e. - 11/11. Therefore, the extra "burst" is thrown "overboard". I also doubt it's random. You would probably see this as aircraft return to base for reloading/refueling. The Game Engine then attempts to squeeze the 11 bursts, into a 10 burst capacity.

If you follow Ralf's advice and provide details I could probably make the issue "go away" for you. Like I keep asking everyone, the more detail you provide the faster I can fix these issues for you.

Cheers

Darren

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1

(in reply to rmwilsonjr)
Post #: 2
RE: Dumping Ammo - 1/8/2011 5:20:52 PM   
rmwilsonjr

Thanks guys. I'm playing Harpoon 3 Ultimate, v 3.10. I'm using the Standard Harpoon 3 Database and the error occurs in the 'Saving the Queen' scenario if that helps. I'll be happy to supply more details if you'll tell me what you need.

Richard

(in reply to rmwilsonjr)
Post #: 3
RE: Dumping Ammo - 1/9/2011 9:46:23 AM   
Bucks

quote:

ORIGINAL: rmwilsonjr

Thanks guys. I'm playing Harpoon 3 Ultimate, v 3.10. I'm using the Standard Harpoon 3 Database and the error occurs in the 'Saving the Queen' scenario if that helps. I'll be happy to supply more details if you'll tell me what you need.

Richard,

I've checked the ODB (Standard DB) for the error. It's related to the RAF Tornado, since they carry the 27mm Mauser. The Mount (Cannon) has a capacity of 6/6 "Bursts" and the component Weapon Record is 7/7 27mm "Bursts".

The extra burst is what's triggering the dumping routine. I could fix this and post the modified ODB if required. Of course I could suggest you try the HUD3 version of the same scenario that, I'm pretty sure doesn't have this issue. I'll leave this decision up to you Richard. The ODB (Standard Database) isn't "supported" by AGSI at this time. It's basically just the original Harpoon 2 Database with the updating Dale Hillier undertook several years ago. At present the two "official" databases supported by AGSI are the ANWDB and the HUD3.

I don't mind fixing things in the ODB but please understand I won't be making a habit of it. Once I start I just know I'll have to take care of two DB's (HUD3 & ODB) when I have limited time for my own right now.

Cheers

Darren

PS - This issue will also be present in the following aircraft within the ODB:

- Alpha Jet
- Tornado F.3
- Tornado GR.1
- Tornado GR.1A
- Tornado F Mk.2A Interceptor
- Tornado GR.1B
- JAS 39
- Alpha Jet E

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1

(in reply to rmwilsonjr)
Post #: 4
RE: Dumping Ammo - 1/10/2011 2:40:36 AM   
rmwilsonjr

Thanks Bucks. Please don't take on new duties on my account. I'll just play in the other DBs. Indeed, I didn't realize what a new world existed in the other DBs included in this new version until you mentioned it. I haven't played since the Harpoon II Admiral's Ed. era and am thrilled to find the game available again. The variations that now are available are still bogling this old mind.

Richard

(in reply to rmwilsonjr)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Dumping Ammo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI