Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Construction....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Construction.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Construction.... - 12/30/2010 3:25:52 PM   
jimkehn

Some questions about Construction.......
I am the Russians playing the AI Germans. I see my Army HQ's have sapper batallions and regiments as support units. I know they are great for assaulting cities and urban hexes and forts....but they also have a great construction value per size. Will the Army HQ send these units out to help out in the construction of forts?? And if so how do they prioritize? Is it based on the lower the fort in the subordinates hex the higher the priority? Prioritized based on range? Percent to the next level? Just curious.

Also I have to assume that construction batallions can be used for the same thing. And in the same way

But....what about Russian RR Const brigades? They have great construction vallue..but do they get sent out to build forts if there are no rail lines to fix? Seems to me I read that they did...but heck...I cant memorize 400 pages of rules. LOL
Post #: 1
RE: Construction.... - 12/30/2010 3:46:56 PM   
glvaca

Sappers don't add to contruction.
RR brigades do.

For the other questions I would also really like to know. As the German player this is very important info come Mud.

(in reply to jimkehn)
Post #: 2
RE: Construction.... - 12/30/2010 4:31:26 PM   
Great_Ajax

I believe that any unit that has a construction value adds to the fortification building in a hex.

Trey

quote:

ORIGINAL: glvaca

RR brigades do.

For the other questions I would also really like to know. As the German player this is very important info come Mud.

"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
Sabre 21's perpetual arch-nemisis

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 3
RE: Construction.... - 12/30/2010 4:40:02 PM   
Flaviusx

Undeployed RR brigades will assist in fort construction. Arguably they are more effective in this role than the construction battalions and you could indeed choose to concentrate on just building these. (I'm not fully decided on this point myself, CBs have lower construction values, but are cheaper to build and may give you better coverage. Then again, having too many CBs running around becomes a bit of an eyesore over the long run and clutters the map. Mileage will vary and you'll have to determine this for yourself based on personal taste.)

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to Great_Ajax)
Post #: 4
RE: Construction.... - 12/30/2010 4:49:29 PM   
glvaca

Interesting, if memory serves it was said a few times that they did not...

quote:

ORIGINAL: el hefe

I believe that any unit that has a construction value adds to the fortification building in a hex.

Trey

quote:

ORIGINAL: glvaca

RR brigades do.

(in reply to Great_Ajax)
Post #: 5
RE: Construction.... - 12/30/2010 4:50:43 PM   
glvaca

As the German, how many CB would you assign to each Corps for fastest construction of forts, say in late 1941?

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Construction.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI