Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Soviet Units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> New Soviet Units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Soviet Units - 12/28/2010 5:57:44 PM   
ool

I've gone through the manual in regards to creating new Soviet units, sections 12.2.4, 7.5. Also how and what is required to build up Corps of various types. However is it possible, apart from scheduled reinforcement and replacement units to create new Soviet units as you desire and subject to availability of admin points. Specifically if I wanted to create a Soviet Heavy tank (KV-1) unit how do you do it? Can it be done as a separate on map Soviet unit?

Post #: 1
RE: New Soviet Units - 12/28/2010 6:25:20 PM   
Scotters1

I'm very new to this game, but here is what I know so far. You can create units in spaces in and next to major cities. Under the map information tab there is a "build new unit" button that appears when you select a hex near a city. I just started the grand campaign and the onlly choices so far for units that you can create are a rifle division, calvary division, PVO AA brigade, and an anti tank brigade.

You need to check your pool of resources to see if you have enough stuff to fill the TOE for the unit you create, and I believe it will take 3 turns for the unit to be sort of ready. I think you need to wait longer for its experience to build up before it is really combat ready.

I don't know if you can create tank brigades and divisions later.

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 2
RE: New Soviet Units - 12/28/2010 6:35:10 PM   
ool

Thanks. Information overload. Think i will take a break and catch the hockey game to recharge.

< Message edited by ool -- 12/28/2010 6:39:22 PM >

(in reply to Scotters1)
Post #: 3
RE: New Soviet Units - 12/30/2010 12:45:16 AM   
CarnageINC

I think playing as the Commies...versus the Fascist ....lol...would be difficult to get down with all you options and such.  That's why I'm sticking to the Germans till I master them, good luck Commie lovers 

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 4
RE: New Soviet Units - 12/30/2010 2:03:13 AM   
randallw

You should also read Appendix B, which shows what years certain units are available to be created.

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 5
RE: New Soviet Units - 12/30/2010 1:04:55 PM   
ool

Really? Well exactly what months of those years? Assuming you are right and the numbers are years ie 44a, 44b etc. It would be nice to know what months those come into effect. Would make planning building schedules easier. After all you have to know at what time of year these will be available so that you can plan when they may be used in the front lines. rather valuable bit of information wouldn't you say?

< Message edited by ool -- 12/30/2010 3:23:08 PM >

(in reply to randallw)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> New Soviet Units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI