Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

i played a similar game, or did i?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> i played a similar game, or did i? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
i played a similar game, or did i? - 12/22/2010 7:28:37 PM   
mattep74

Around 10 to 15 years ago i played a similar game, or maybe it was this game. I found a bug or glitch in the game that allowed me to win quite easy. When i transfered troops from bases to armies i could actually make japanese troops become US troops and then take the bases i wanted.

I also found out that i could change the stats of the weichles in a txt-file. My fighters ended up carrying more bombs than B17s and the japanese airfields were full of holes.

Became pretty boring in the end when i took every base and then had the subs corner the japanese navy. How about every avalible aircraft in the theatre decending upon 1 lonely japanese destroyer:)

When i didnt cheat i could end up in a battle with USS Helena vs 2 jap destroyers that sunk her without Helena firering a shot.
Post #: 1
RE: i played a similar game, or did i? - 12/23/2010 11:23:51 AM   
Long Lance

That was QQP's Battles of the South Pacific. A Game that had his roots in SSI/GG's War in South Pacific. Both were great fun at their time.
I never found out if there was an 'official' relation between QQP and SSI/GG

(in reply to mattep74)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> i played a similar game, or did i? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI