Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Squadron doesn't withdraw if divided

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Squadron doesn't withdraw if divided Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Squadron doesn't withdraw if divided - 12/20/2010 7:18:48 PM   
Lifer

Just want to know if this is WAD. I've got a couple of PBY squadrons due to withdraw in a couple of days. If I split the unit, the withdraw date goes away. If this is WAD, when the unit is recombined after the withdraw date, will I pay the PPs from the time the withdraw was due?

Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq
Post #: 1
RE: Squadron doesn't withdraw if divided - 12/20/2010 7:53:26 PM   
Hotschi

I fear you'll have to pay full PP cost - happened to me as well, I split a Liberator squadron for months, as I recombined it, it was well overdue for withdrawal, and cost me dearly. This was with Version 1.01.06i and NOT the current beta patch.

I know nothing about coding, but I suggest that withdrawal dates should also be shown in air group screens of split units.

(in reply to Lifer)
Post #: 2
RE: Squadron doesn't withdraw if divided - 12/21/2010 7:44:47 AM   
michaelm75au

I'll look into it.
It shouldn't be a way to get around withdraw requirements, and it shouldn't be a penalty to do so.

Michael

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 3
RE: Squadron doesn't withdraw if divided - 12/21/2010 12:20:46 PM   
michaelm75au

Do you have a save to attach here?
When I split a group with the current beta patch, it shows the original withdraw date on the 3 sub-groups.

[edit] it only is working for permanent withdraws I think

< Message edited by michaelm -- 12/21/2010 12:27:45 PM >

Michael

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 4
RE: Squadron doesn't withdraw if divided - 12/21/2010 12:26:43 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lifer

Just want to know if this is WAD. I've got a couple of PBY squadrons due to withdraw in a couple of days. If I split the unit, the withdraw date goes away. If this is WAD, when the unit is recombined after the withdraw date, will I pay the PPs from the time the withdraw was due?

No. I have had this happen and withdrew the group in question on the same turn I recombined it - no penalty. If you elect to keep the unit longer then I have no idea.

Michael,

It seems that sometimes when an air unit is divided the sub-units retain the withdraw info, other times they do not. I havn't notice any pattern because I didn't realize that happened until I recombined some units many months later. Saw this with a few units. I can also say that definitely I have seen units where the (divided) sub-units do retain the withdraw date.

The time period was so long between dividing and recombining that I had no hope of having "before" save games to provide you.

(in reply to Lifer)
Post #: 5
RE: Squadron doesn't withdraw if divided - 12/21/2010 1:13:01 PM   
michaelm75au

I think it is only keeping the date when the group is a permanent withdraw.

I am going to expand that to include any group with a withdraw date and see if that works.

Michael

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 6
RE: Squadron doesn't withdraw if divided - 12/21/2010 4:56:14 PM   
Lifer

Do you still need a save?  I recombined and withdrew them on my latest turn but can go back one or two turns if needed.  

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Squadron doesn't withdraw if divided Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI