Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I wish....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> I wish.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I wish.... - 12/20/2010 2:06:54 AM   
PeeDeeAitch

(Actually, I have wished for this since back playing SPI's War In Europe on a 8'x8' table with Mike and Brian)

I wish that a unit could attack a ZOC and displace the control and gain control. I remember wishing that an open hex could be attacked (so a unit could advance in in tabletop advance rules), but in this current game system it would have to be an open hex attacked to gain control (given the stipulation that enough movement points exist to attack). I have had enough points to attack at times, but the blank hex and ZOC to ZOC movement penalties means I cannot gain control. Oh, were I able to drive out the recon, etc that the ZOC represents and replace them with my own...

Of course, I realize that this is too much - I imagine it is near impossibe to AI code this properly so a computer opponant could use this properly...but there are times I wish that one of my armies could just use this...oh well.
Post #: 1
RE: I wish.... - 12/20/2010 2:58:27 AM   
PyleDriver

Ya I suggested that idea way back. Gary didn't bite...

Jon Pyle
AWD Beta tester
WBTS Alpha tester
WitE Alpha tester
WitW Alpha tester
WitE2 Alpha tester

(in reply to PeeDeeAitch)
Post #: 2
RE: I wish.... - 12/20/2010 8:41:24 AM   
Redmarkus5

If there was a 'ZOC strength' computed based on the combined strength of all adjacent units, that would do it(?). You wouldn't exactly attack the hex but the system would assign ownership one way or another.

Then, the unit that owned the empty hex could be given a higher recon rating than the ones that didn't.

Taking this further, you could up the chances of gaining said ZOC control if you attached recon-capable sub-units. This would add a whole new dimension to the game and more realism. You could focus your front line patrol recon on key areas.

Finally, ZOC ownership would up your fighting patrol value and increase the attrition rates for adjacent enemy units, while reducing your own.

Just brain storming...

(in reply to PyleDriver)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> I wish.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI