Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Impressions/Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> The War Room >> Impressions/Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Impressions/Questions - 12/9/2010 4:34:20 AM   
Rooster

Greetings all - The game is excellent. My recent scenario, however, has left me concerned about how the lack of basics really crushes an armored column. They had plenty of fuel, ample ammo, but lacked the basics and stalled on their way to Remouchamps. Would the lack of food and water really cause good old Rowdy Rod Peiper to quit?

Post #: 1
RE: Impressions/Questions - 12/9/2010 8:34:27 AM   
gabeeg

...an army marches on its stomach...

If I am a commander and I am out of supply going further is going to make the situation worse with less hope of provisioning my troops with food and water. IMO, you have to stop and hope to restablish supply...if not retreat.

< Message edited by gabeeg -- 12/9/2010 8:39:39 AM >

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 2
RE: Impressions/Questions - 12/9/2010 2:38:15 PM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rooster

Greetings all - The game is excellent. My recent scenario, however, has left me concerned about how the lack of basics really crushes an armored column. They had plenty of fuel, ample ammo, but lacked the basics and stalled on their way to Remouchamps. Would the lack of food and water really cause good old Rowdy Rod Peiper to quit?

Dan, welcome back! First post in over 2 years?

Anyway, when basics are getting low, a little micro managing is needed: set the re-supply priorities to max basics, that should help.

simovitch

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 3
RE: Impressions/Questions - 12/10/2010 7:13:29 PM   
Rooster

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

Dan, welcome back! First post in over 2 years?

Anyway, when basics are getting low, a little micro managing is needed: set the re-supply priorities to max basics, that should help.

Yes, it's been a while. You guys did an awesome job with the game. I am having fun with it. Purchased my copy a few months back and have just now been getting into it... with the house smelling like a pine tree now that Christmas is at hand, the ambiance is perfect. I will try to manage Peiper a little better. I was just a few kilometers from having the mother of all Bulge tank battles at Remouchamps!

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 4
RE: Impressions/Questions - 12/10/2010 9:21:50 PM   
Nikolaj

quote:

Would the lack of food and water really cause good old Rowdy Rod Peiper to quit?

Don't forget toilet paper!

(sorry, couldn't resist )

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 5
RE: Impressions/Questions - 12/12/2010 9:05:32 PM   
Pergite!

quote:

The problem here is that the game does not allow you to capture your enemies supplies (basics). When operating far away from your logistics train this this can become a necessity and IIRC occured more than once on the "Bulge".

How could you run out of basics before fuel? I usually have it the other way around.

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 6
RE: Impressions/Questions - 12/12/2010 11:55:44 PM   
johndoesecond

BTW, what Pergite said just reminded me of one thing.

I think I read in Cole that the whole Ardennes operation was actually planned by Germans explicitly counting on capturing Allies' fuel. So at least in this campaign, this should be more than a remote theoretical possibility.

(in reply to Pergite!)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> The War Room >> Impressions/Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI