Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/7/2010 4:26:17 AM   
SeanD

Chat live with the development team behind this acclaimed space strategy game!

Matrix Games and Code Force (www.codeforce.co.nz) are thrilled to announce that they will be hosting a live chat event to discuss the highly anticipated expansion to Distant Worlds, entitled Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi!

The chat will be at 9PM EST (2AM GMT) on Thursday, December 9, 2010. Like our previous chat with 2by3 Games for War in the East (chat transcript), we will be hosting this event in our Live Chat Area where stopping by to ask a question is quick and easy!

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “The live chat with 2by3 Games had a fantastic turn out and our fans asked some great questions. The Distant Worlds forums are already alight with speculation, comments, and buzz so a live chat with CodeForce about their highly anticipated expansion was the next natural step!”

An ancient evil is returning to the vast universe of Distant Worlds! The Return of the Shakturi is the highly anticipated expansion to the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game Distant Worlds. In addition to a long list of new features and improvements, Return of the Shakturi includes two new and unique alien races complete with riveting events that expand upon the original Distant Worlds and move the timeline of the universe forward into its next chapter with exciting new endgame options. A completely new and vastly expanded research system with comprehensive new tech trees awaits, with new tech and options for avid ship designers such as fighters, bombers, missiles, Ion weapons, planetary facilities, regional capitols, and much more!

Return of the Shakturi also comes packed with interface improvements like an Empire Navigation Tool to provide quick access to everything in your empire, Action Buttons for one-click access to common tasks, an Enemy Targets list showing all known enemy threats, Build Orders to mass-produce groups of new ships in one simple step, and much more! All this coupled with new Empire Policies to fine tune the auto-management of your empire, new galaxy shapes, and extended modding support make Return of the Shakturi an essential add-on to the vast, living galaxy of Distant Worlds!

Please note: Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi REQUIRES ownership of the original full Distant Worlds game.

Get more information on Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi from its official product page and be sure to stop by for the live chat!

< Message edited by SeanD -- 12/7/2010 4:28:33 AM >

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/7/2010 4:46:53 AM   
martok

E-e-excellent.

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/7/2010 9:55:28 AM   
WoodMan

Is this one of those things you have to book a place?  Or can I just wander in and say hello? 

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 3
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/7/2010 1:01:45 PM   
tjhkkr

Wooohooo...
The update is coming... Carriers, fighters... yeah this is going to be some kind of cool!
Imagine putting a fighterbay somewhere where the enemy does not expect... and ambush his sorry hide!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 4
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/7/2010 10:42:31 PM   
Simulation01

Will they answer any relevant question or are there some topics that are off limits?

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 5
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/8/2010 1:31:59 AM   
Erik Rutins

If it's related to Distant Worlds, we'll be happy to discuss it.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Simulation01)
Post #: 6
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/8/2010 2:31:38 AM   
Simulation01

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

If it's related to Distant Worlds, we'll be happy to discuss it.

Awesome, thanks!

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/9/2010 1:50:47 PM   
WoodMan

Oops, I've just turned up for the chat to find its 2am not 2pm! 

Okay, so can anyone let me know if its actually at 2am tonight or last night, did I miss it?  9pm Thursday EST is 2am Friday GMT.  Did I miss it or is it at 2am tonight?

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

Post #: 8
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/9/2010 2:06:13 PM   
Igard

You haven't missed it WoodMan. 2AM GMT is written in brackets so I think that's 2AM on Friday for us here in the UK.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 9
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/10/2010 3:20:15 AM   
Simulation01

So, live chat was awesome!!!!  

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 10
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/10/2010 3:26:55 AM   
blastpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simulation01

So, live chat was awesome!!!!  

Very informative. I like the openness to suggestions that Elliot displays.

Post #: 11
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/10/2010 3:47:28 AM   
Simulation01

Yes, nothing was off the table!  

(in reply to blastpop)
Post #: 12
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/10/2010 8:16:46 AM   
Nibelung44

so, what covers exactly 'more modding support'?

Post #: 13
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/10/2010 8:25:06 AM   
Litjan

When can we expect a transcript? Fortunately I was fast asleep at 3 a.m. (just got up briefly at 4:30 to look after my crying baby-girl )

(in reply to Nibelung44)
Post #: 14
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/10/2010 9:28:32 AM   
martok

Sean said the transcript should be available in the next day or so.

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to Litjan)
Post #: 15
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/10/2010 9:20:06 PM   
SeanD

Working on it now. Hopefully I can get it up today. If not over the weekend or Monday at the latest.

Sean Drummy

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 16
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/10/2010 9:34:51 PM   
SeanD

Alright the chat transcript is now up!

http://www.matrixgames.com/files/DistantWorldsChat-edited.html

Sean Drummy

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 17
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/10/2010 9:55:03 PM   
ASHBERY76

Leaders added in future expansions would be great,scripted stories or scenarios not so much.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 18
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/10/2010 10:49:09 PM   
Webbco

The thought of more control over ground units would be great. Star Wars: Empire at War and Imperium Galactica 2 tried...but something didn't quite feel right about it.

Would be cool to have a fixed area/map where a battle can take place so we can observe and control the bases and troops in action.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 19
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/10/2010 11:14:54 PM   
Igard

Gutted to have missed this, but thanks to Shark7 for asking some of the questions I would have asked anyway and for mentioning me.

Thanks also to the team for having such an open discussion, I'll set myself a reminder next time.

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 20
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/11/2010 2:25:22 AM   
tjhkkr

Thank you for posting the chat session... thank you very much.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 21
RE: Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! - 12/11/2010 3:58:32 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webbco

The thought of more control over ground units would be great. Star Wars: Empire at War and Imperium Galactica 2 tried...but something didn't quite feel right about it.

Would be cool to have a fixed area/map where a battle can take place so we can observe and control the bases and troops in action.

I guess its a personal preference, but I kinda like not having control over my ground units. My job is to get them there in sufficient numbers, then let the generals get the job done.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI