Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Long-time lurker buying this one

 
View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Long-time lurker buying this one Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Long-time lurker buying this one - 12/6/2010 10:14:45 PM   
Flaviusx


Posts: 7362
Joined: 9/9/2009
From: Southern California
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: raizer


but the best way to be a better soviet player would be to take the other side once in a while-then you know the intimate detail of your sworn enemy


No, the best way to be a better Soviet player is to build more artillery divisions and bury the German in a hail of fire.





_____________________________

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to raizer)
Post #: 31
RE: Long-time lurker buying this one - 12/6/2010 10:25:36 PM   
Michael T


Posts: 4387
Joined: 10/22/2006
From: Queensland, Australia.
Status: offline
Cheating does occur at the Blitz, they just don't speak of it. I was a victim. Sure 99% are honest. But when you are unfortunate enough to encounter the other 1% it leaves a bitter taste. This PBEM server play is the best thing since sliced bread IMO.

_____________________________


(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 32
RE: Long-time lurker buying this one - 12/6/2010 11:34:56 PM   
hgilmer3


Posts: 530
Joined: 12/28/2008
Status: offline
quote:

This looks great and Id pay 60 bucks for it no problem


Probably going to be more than 60. They said it was in the realm of the WitP-Ae type games, so I'm looking at $75-80 range.

But don't quote me!

Still, don't want you to be badly surprised.

(in reply to raizer)
Post #: 33
RE: Long-time lurker buying this one - 12/7/2010 12:02:06 AM   
vvidas


Posts: 14
Joined: 1/17/2008
From: Rijeka, Croatia
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

I am currently playing 2 WiTP PBEM games and I will be playing WiTE alongside them so that I have both theatres going simultaneously!

I might even kick-off a BoBII campaign followed by a B17 The Fight Eighth one (great game - underrated). I should get those done just in time to order that Normandy game that's due out... If it wasn't too sad, I'd have them all synchronised by date and put a big wall map up to track my progress in global conquest. (Just kidding)

May I recommend:

1. Thunder in the East by Mawdsley
2. Absolute War by Bellamy
3. Panzer Operations by Raus

These are less popular than some other titles, but I find them to be excellent sources.


How do you manage to play all this games?

Thanks for recommendations. I've ordered Absolute War by Chris Bellamy. It will come, I hope, before Christmas.

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Long-time lurker buying this one Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:





New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI

0.156