Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Offenseman vs LoBaron & Rob Brennan- Japanese Side

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Offenseman vs LoBaron & Rob Brennan- Japanese Side Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Offenseman vs LoBaron & Rob Brennan- Japanese Side - 11/1/2010 10:25:37 PM   
offenseman

Greetings! This was a 2v2 game with seydlitz on my team as Japan vs Rob Brennan and LoBaron as the treacherous Allies. Seydlitz had to remove himself from the game due to time issues and I have opted to carry on alone.

We had one major change form what might be the norm. On 12/7 the IJ concentrated its attacks on Luzon and the sea and air bases on Manila and Clark Field.

Picking up from seydlitz has been interesting to say the least. He controlled the JAAF, submarines, some ASW assets, Merchant Navy, China/Manchuria Area, the Home Islands and Burma.
I had control of the Kaigun, Malaya, and almost anything considered an island- both under Japanese control on 12/7/41 and the offensive to gain more territory.

The game is currently on 3/5/42 and some areas have gone well while others are not going so well. Incredible misfortune regarding IJN CVs has occurred with Dutch subs sinking one CVL, and damaging another CVL along with Akagi. Also Hiryu and Chikuma collided during flight operations and both were damaged. Currently the latter three flattops are in dry dock being fixed and the other CVL has been fixed and returned to service.

The allies are utilizing nuisance raids that have exacted a toll on shipping near the Home Islands. Steps are being taken to alleviate that problem.
On land they seem to have withdrawn smartly and have draw various lines in the sand to slow down the Japanese advance. In a surprise move, one of those lines became known as the Lumpur Line and was located at Kuala Lumpur in Malaya. The new line is at Singapore!

The assault on Malaya was deliberately weak with Imperial Guards heading north to Burma.

Attachment (1)

Sometimes things said in Nitwit sound very different in English.
Post #: 1
RE: Offenseman vs LoBaron & Rob Brennan- Japanese Side - 11/1/2010 10:47:32 PM   
offenseman

In China seydlitz went with a strategy of holding in the north with infantry and spending a lot of PP on every armored unit in Manchuria to banzai the south of China. The Banzai Blitzkrieg as we called it is stalled at Kukong where 100,000 chinese troop are dug in. Reinforcements are on the way to attack further or outflank Kukong- not quite sure which yet...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 2
RE: Offenseman vs LoBaron & Rob Brennan- Japanese Side - 11/1/2010 10:48:34 PM   
offenseman

In the rest of China,advances on Sian are stalled in the highlands SE of the city.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 3
RE: Offenseman vs LoBaron & Rob Brennan- Japanese Side - 11/1/2010 10:49:50 PM   
offenseman

In Malaya troops are assembling for the Assault on Singapore.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by offenseman -- 11/1/2010 10:50:22 PM >

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 4
RE: Offenseman vs LoBaron & Rob Brennan- Japanese Side - 11/1/2010 10:51:47 PM   
offenseman

In Burma the Imperial Guards rolled through a fleeing defense and is all the way to Magwe

Attachment (1)

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 5
RE: Offenseman vs LoBaron & Rob Brennan- Japanese Side - 11/1/2010 10:53:01 PM   
offenseman

The assault on Bataan was planned for 3/5 and I just received the turn from LoBaron.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 6
RE: Offenseman vs LoBaron & Rob Brennan- Japanese Side - 11/1/2010 10:53:52 PM   
offenseman

A look at the Celebes area. Timor has been liberated as well.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 7
RE: Offenseman vs LoBaron & Rob Brennan- Japanese Side - 11/1/2010 10:54:36 PM   
offenseman

The Rabaul area

Attachment (1)

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Offenseman vs LoBaron & Rob Brennan- Japanese Side Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI