Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft Transport Capacity

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Aircraft Transport Capacity Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft Transport Capacity - 10/24/2010 5:52:04 PM   
Icedawg

I thought I read somewhere on this forum that a single transport plane will deliver a single point of supply for every 4000 units of capacity (fractions rounded down).

Now, suppose I have a two plane transport unit flying Tinas. The Tina has a transport capacity of 2000. So, will the unit deliver two supply points (one per plane) or one supply point (total 4000 capacity and 4000/4000 = 1)?

I guess the question is this. "Is the rounding done at the level of the individual plane or at the level of the total capacity of all planes in the unit?"

If it is the former, then the capacity rating only matters in terms of multiples of 4000. A plane with a capacity of 2000 will deliver just as much supply as one with a capacity of 3999. This would seem a bit silly, so I'm guessing the later is true (supply based on the sum of the transport capacity of all planes flying).
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft Transport Capacity - 10/24/2010 6:31:31 PM   
Blackhorse

A supply point = 2000 lbs of capacity (i.e. 1 ton of supply).

If the game works as described in the rule book, then the rounding should be done by plane.

Every transport carries at least 1 supply point -- so 6 planes each with a capacity of 1300 should carry 6 points of supply.

But I think a plane needs a capacity of 4000 to carry 2 points. So 1-to-3999 = 1 point, 4000-5999 = 2 points, &tc.

< Message edited by Blackhorse -- 10/24/2010 6:32:05 PM >

WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft Transport Capacity - 9/14/2011 3:49:04 AM   
jakla1027

OK so how many troops will the various types/sizes of aircraft transports carry? Does the type of troops have an affect, and does transporting troops by air allow thier larger weapons to be transported? Also if you set a Tranport squadron to "pick up" troops at another base does it help to have those troops in strategic Op mode?

Any info on these issues would be nice

Thanks
Jason

(in reply to Blackhorse)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft Transport Capacity - 9/14/2011 1:56:25 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: jakla1027

OK so how many troops will the various types/sizes of aircraft transports carry? Does the type of troops have an affect, and does transporting troops by air allow thier larger weapons to be transported? Also if you set a Tranport squadron to "pick up" troops at another base does it help to have those troops in strategic Op mode?

Any info on these issues would be nice

Thanks
Jason

I can't answer on capacities as this remains a mistery to me. I do know that the largest gun that can be air transported is a 37mm antitank gun.

Hans

(in reply to jakla1027)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft Transport Capacity - 9/14/2011 2:00:38 PM   
PaxMondo

IIRC the max size anything for air assault is 8, air transport is 10. But it seems as though the transport ahs to be big enough as well. Many of the IJ transports have minimal capacity.

Pax

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Aircraft Transport Capacity Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI