Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.1] Zero Army?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> Tech Support >> [1.1] Zero Army? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.1] Zero Army? - 10/11/2010 10:29:48 PM   
Evil Steve

I managed to create an army with no units or general that could raze a villa, but could not be remerged with a proper army as it didn't have a leader? I don't know if this is a bug or not. Save game zip file attached.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: [1.1] Zero Army? - 10/12/2010 3:14:13 AM   
mercenarius

Well, the error notice when you combine the two armies is in fact correct, and the "emptiness" of the one army is not related to that.

The empty army itself is a bug. Do you remember how you did that? I will look at the code to see how this can happen. But anything that you remember might help me to track it down.

OK, here is what is going on with the concentration. You apparently moved one African Infantry unit under the command of Hanno. You moved that unit into Hannibal's army (possibly with Hanno) and then you recalled Hanno to Carthage.

So now Hannibal has that one unit in his army which is not eligible to move with him. It ws already moved by Hanno. Then you activated Hannibal, making him the current leader. You cannot combine armies or concentrate units into an army when the destination army has a unit that isn't eligible to move with the current leader.

In this case the rule of "a unit may only be moved by one leader in a turn" is admittedly creating a superficially strange technicality. But that is the cause, not the empty army.

This technicality has a purpose, however. You cannot "cascade" units in movement from one leader to another. Otherwise a unit could move all around the map under a succession of leaders.

When you transfer units from one leader's army to another leader's army, you are pretty much guaranteeing that the second leader isn't going to be able to do anything that turn, even if he's activated.

James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC

(in reply to Evil Steve)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> Tech Support >> [1.1] Zero Army? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI