Hi everybody, I'm new here and have some comments about DW. First of all I have to say DW is really a great game which also have potential to move forwards. Anyway, I have some comments and recommendations on this game as follows.
- The automatic colonization is very convenient and I would like to have more functions:
a) Opinions to choose target; for example, I would like to colonize any planets with quality only over "50%" to avoid extra burden from poor planets.
b) Second action after colonization. I like to build a small star station in every planet. It's exhausting when I have to build them manually. It's better to have an opinion to set a targeted facility to build(not only star station).
c) If "b" is not adoptable, please add a "latest colonized planets list" on the screen(eg. like the treaty notification at the left side). So I don't need to check the fast rolling information and get to the planets directly without clicking too much buttons.
- Please correct me if I'm wrong. When the leader ship of a fleet is destroyed, the whole fleet will be judged to "defected". All the remind ships will turn to enemy side but not shift the leader to another ship and continue to fight in the battle. If it's true, please check the possibility of shifting leader, or let the reminds escape from battle, rather than the current "defected" situation.
- When a fleet is organized, all the ships will stop and wait for orders. Can we have better opinions, for example, let then patrol or attack certain area/races automatically like an individual ship? I know there is a similar function to suggest our ships and fleets to attack, but they are in different approaches.
- DW have 4 kind of weapons: short and long range, area, and bombing weapons. As some players have suggested before, it's strongly advice to add more weapons in different types and usages. I have tried "Gratuitous Space Battles2" recently and their weapon system is really great. Complexity allows more strategic design on ships and any military facilities. For example, a long range nuclear missile can be launched from outer ring of a system to a target planet. We need to build a monitor station or intercept system in strategic area to prevent such kind of attack.
4) Experience System
- Maybe it's not a very good idea and will generate too much data, but is it possible to let the ships gain experience from battles like "Starcraft 2"? For example, an elite destoryer could be benefited from extra targeting accuracy, firing damage, or damage control ability...etc.
- Only elite ships achieved enough experience could develop into powerful ships which could not be build. They will be lethal killing machines with limits in number... but increase the voice of peacenik and lower the loyalty...something like that.
5) Special Facilites
- Like the "World XXXXXX" series capital ships, we have to find mysterious facilites in the universe and repair/rebuild them back to functional status.
a) For example, a special star station which can build special battle ships. We have to decide to ignore it so to prevent wars with other races, or try our very best to keep it in our pocket.
b) A special planet with rich and unique material (only one in the whole universe). Any race can be benefited from income (trade) or technology development from it.
c) A heroic commander with his/her mysterious fleet in the universe somewhere. We have to try our very best to defect him and invite him to our country. Special battleship could be built, some military benefit or employ him as our alliance rather than controllable army (something like the pirates).
6) User Interface improvement
- Some minor but better improvement are welcomed as follows.
a) Independent construction yard window - fast and convenient to access every yards and stations.
b) Add "retire immediately" in the ship list window. The current version only allow "retire" and it's impossible to terminate the heavily damaged ships which cannot move anymore.
c) Add "go to capital planet" in the planet map. In my every first strike to my enemy, their capital always be the prior and best target. But it's quite difficult to find the capital when there are too much colonies.
d) Add "capacity limit" in the ship building window, like xxx/230 rather then only current capacity so we don't need to return to previous window to check.
e) Add a category of "Custom design" in the ship design check list window. When we click on "custom" opinion of the blueprint, only those custom ship design will be listed when we choose "custom design" (like the "latest design").
f) Add "Macro Retrofit" to simply the retrofit process of the whole series as an opinion. For example, I have 100 destoryers of "A design" and 20 Capital Ships in "B design", I just need to click 2 buttons and finish the work.
g) Player cannot set construction ships to fleets in the ship list window. Sometimes I would like to create a construction fleet to repair the big alien capital ships together, but the fleet system seems not allow such kind of action(?).
Finally please forgive my poor english. I enjoy DW very much and expecting another hugh
and great patch in the coming future. Of course, also thanks to all the kind player whom
provided fantastic mods. Cheers.
P.S. I'm a Macross and Cowboy Bebop fans and 3 fighters are added in my every game.