Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pilots

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Pilots Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pilots - 9/23/2010 11:55:23 PM   
noguaranteeofsanity

Just have two questions about pilots...

First, most groups show the CO of a squadron amongst the list of pilots, but some do not, is there any reason for this?

Second, when requesting a veteran pilot and choosing from the list, around 50 percent of the time they simply disappear from the reserve pool and don't show up in the list of pilots for the squadron, the rest of the time they do, is there a reason behind that?

Thanks for your answers in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Pilots - 9/23/2010 11:58:17 PM   
Smeulders

1. Has something to do with the leader being both in the pilot and leader database. Not sure how this link works exactly.
2. The group lists only shows pilots with a delay of up till 7(?) days, anything longer and the pilot isn't shown on the group list. Check back some time later, he should be on the list then.

(in reply to noguaranteeofsanity)
Post #: 2
RE: Pilots - 9/24/2010 12:00:50 AM   
noguaranteeofsanity

Thanks for the explanation

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 3
RE: Pilots - 9/24/2010 1:31:08 AM   
Sredni

When you're looking for a new leader for an airgroup if you look you'll see that some of the leaders have an asterisk * next to them and some don't. The ones with an asterisk will physically join the airgroup as a pilot and the ones without an asterisk don't show up as pilots.

I figured originally that this was just how it was, some airgroups had pilot leaders and some had a desk jockey to run things but I guess it's some left over half completed or half broken (or half something heh) code that didn't make the transition from witp to AE fully. Probably ideally all the leaders would be physical pilots that show up in your airgroups, from a realism point of view.

Would be a pain in the ass I would figure though, trying to find an air squadron leader who has the proper leader skills and also has the proper EXP and trained flying skills like airskill or groundbomb or whatever.

I much prefer the desk jockey leaders who simply have the proper leadership skills and you don't need to worry about their flying skills or that you'd constantly have to be replacing leaders in front line airgroups.

Post #: 4
RE: Pilots - 10/4/2010 7:30:57 AM   
Pascal_slith

Is this explained anywhere in the manual?

And what do the # signs next to air units mean? They mean the flagship in a TF, but what does it mean in an air unit listing for a base?

< Message edited by Pascal -- 10/4/2010 7:32:40 AM >

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 5
RE: Pilots - 10/4/2010 8:00:22 AM   
noguaranteeofsanity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pascal

Is this explained anywhere in the manual?

And what do the # signs next to air units mean? They mean the flagship in a TF, but what does it mean in an air unit listing for a base?

Don't think it is in the manual, especially as a lot of the pilot related functionality was added after release, in patch 1 I think. Also isn't covered in the Pilot Addendum that came out at the same time.

The # indicates air groups that are scheduled to withdraw at some point in the future.

< Message edited by noguaranteeofsanity -- 10/4/2010 8:01:13 AM >

(in reply to Pascal_slith)
Post #: 6
RE: Pilots - 10/4/2010 8:28:58 AM   
jomni

I guess if the pilot dies, the leader is not available anymore.  If not then this needs serious fixing.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Pilots Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI