Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"HASTE" Card - sometimes does not work?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> "HASTE" Card - sometimes does not work? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"HASTE" Card - sometimes does not work? - 9/12/2010 3:52:46 PM   
Chocolino

(for V1.0b)

This has been reported elsewhere as specific to the Sea Lion scenario. But I have noticed it myself a few times also in Case Yellow and White. Sometimes the card works just fine and has the desired effect and sometimes it has no effect at all. (Do you see that, too?)

I still think that I may not understand its application correctly and that it does not work if the unit is already low on APs or too far from its HQ. But the card is playable and there were a few cases where it did not have any effect even on a fresh unit. (Could have moved a tank into Namur if it had worked ...)

< Message edited by Chocolino -- 9/12/2010 3:53:12 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: "HASTE" Card - sometimes does not work? - 9/12/2010 4:36:13 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chocolino

(for V1.0b)

This has been reported elsewhere as specific to the Sea Lion scenario. But I have noticed it myself a few times also in Case Yellow and White. Sometimes the card works just fine and has the desired effect and sometimes it has no effect at all. (Do you see that, too?)

I still think that I may not understand its application correctly and that it does not work if the unit is already low on APs or too far from its HQ. But the card is playable and there were a few cases where it did not have any effect even on a fresh unit. (Could have moved a tank into Namur if it had worked ...)

Hi,

The effect should not be full, but partial instead, if the unit the card is played upon is not having 100% HQ power (see unit details). The will not be an effect on a unit that has 0% HQ power. And of course its a percentual increase, so playing it on for example a 20 AP unit is not the best thing to do.

hope this helps.

best,
vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Chocolino)
Post #: 2
RE: "HASTE" Card - sometimes does not work? - 9/13/2010 3:48:15 AM   
Chocolino

quote:

The will not be an effect on a unit that has 0% HQ power.

Thank you for the explanation, that was it - it was my mistake, I missed the HQ range.

quote:

And of course its a percentual increase, so playing it on for example a 20 AP unit is not the best thing to do.

The manual states that a unit gets an extra 25AP. That sounds as if it should work also on a unit with low APs. (And I just tested it, went from 50 to 75 AP for a partly moved unit at HQ 100%). But some other cards work as a percentage increase.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: "HASTE" Card - sometimes does not work? - 9/13/2010 8:32:05 AM   
Vic

Oops. I hate it when players have to explain me the rules of my own game. Sorry there.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Chocolino)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> "HASTE" Card - sometimes does not work? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI