Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

EIANW and vmware

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> EIANW and vmware Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EIANW and vmware - 9/12/2010 12:10:34 PM   
delatbabel

Hi all,

I can confirm that with the latest 7.1.1 build 282343 of VMware, EIANW runs fine inside a windows XP virtual machine. This might be useful for those people with high powered 64 bit desktops that seem to give lots of memory errors with EIANW on windows 7, etc. Also those people who have "upgraded" to windows 7 can run an XP virtual just for EIA and a few other old games that seem to run better with XP.

I am running a 32 bit windows XP VM with a 40GB virtual disk and 512MB RAM (all that's needed really for EIA) on a 64 bit Linux system with 4GB RAM. I assume the same setup will work fine with any host OS - Vista, windows 7, MacOS, etc. DirectX is not a problem.

The nice thing about this is that I can run my "developer beta" setup and my "playing games" setup in different VMs, plus I have a different VM to run some other windows games such as Stronghold, etc. My old windows laptop with many hardware problems can now be retired, and my emergency windows laptop which is in fact the navigation laptop off my boat can go back to doing navigation.

--
Del
Post #: 1
RE: EIANW and vmware - 9/13/2010 1:22:48 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Very good stuff Del! I might actually try VMWare.
Appreciate the help!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> EIANW and vmware Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI