Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Demo?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Demo? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Demo? - 9/6/2010 9:26:01 PM   
Rising-Sun

Im going to stop buying games for now on, til i get some solid feedbacks and test it out for myself. Since so many came from betas and being imcomplete. Some have terrible UI, story and many other things. You have a demo for this?
Post #: 1
RE: Demo? - 9/7/2010 12:46:09 AM   
lordxorn

No there is no demo for this game.

As for solid feedback, you will find that here in these forums!

I suggest you read all the topics comparing DW, to SOTS, SINS, etc. Also read all the player reviews, and questions.

So many players like you have come in the same way, demanding a demo and saying how disappointed they are with other games, I have yet to see the ones who did decide to buy DW come back and complain.

Believe me I know exactly where you are coming from, most of the 4x games that came after the masters MOO2, Stars, etc. have paled in comparison and this genre seems to have taken a step back..
However DW will not disappoint.

The Publisher (Matrix) and Developer (Codeforce) are hard at work on
a) A possible update
b) A confirmed expansion (with no details yet.)

So they have been quiet, besides Erik's recent comments stating what I just said.

BTW, welcome to the forums!!

< Message edited by lordxorn -- 9/7/2010 7:02:47 AM >

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 2
RE: Demo? - 9/7/2010 1:15:29 PM   
Igard

Hello again, RisingSun. Have you completed your big move yet?

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 3
RE: Demo? - 9/7/2010 8:33:22 PM   
Baleur

anata wa nihonjin desuka? =)

Remember in the good old days when almost all games had demos, now its like "get in the pre-order beta or stfu, our game cost millions, love it & buy it or get out, no demo for you!"
I'm very glad that some crappy games usually have demos though, saved me the money i meant to put on Armada and Immortal Empires

edit: oh junk-forum cant display hiragana =(

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 4
RE: Demo? - 9/12/2010 3:40:58 PM   
Rising-Sun

Well not sure what i got myself into awhile back, since i got few things taken care of moving to NY someday and trying to find a game to kick back and relax. I got Elemental: War of Magic, not even completed yet. I mod it some to be more balance, but still needed alot of work on it.
So many games and so little time!

Been hangin out on LotR Online - Free to play now, my g/f wanted to play and spend time with her.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 5
RE: Demo? - 9/12/2010 5:03:47 PM   
Igard

TBH, if you don't have much time, then DW is probably not the best thing for you right now, unless you've got a strong will power, you won't be able to leave it alone. My time spent with DW has really cost me what little sunshine we've had this summer! Not that I'd take it back mind you.

Keep doing what you're doing, RisingSun. Check back now and then, at least untill after the expansion, to see how the game is evolving. If you like what you see, make the purchase.

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 6
RE: Demo? - 9/12/2010 8:57:30 PM   
Rising-Sun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

TBH, if you don't have much time, then DW is probably not the best thing for you right now, unless you've got a strong will power, you won't be able to leave it alone. My time spent with DW has really cost me what little sunshine we've had this summer! Not that I'd take it back mind you.

Keep doing what you're doing, RisingSun. Check back now and then, at least untill after the expansion, to see how the game is evolving. If you like what you see, make the purchase.

Well i like complex games that take alot of micromanagements and im patient with it. I get it someday, not now at the moment. Thank for the feedbacks :)

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 7
RE: Demo? - 9/13/2010 2:02:48 PM   
Baleur

I'll never complete Elemental, since the campaign sucks and isnt really even how the game is intended to be played / balanced (alot of the patch fixes / balancing doesnt even affect the campaign).
Like in other 4x games i just play skirmish all the time =)
Post #: 8
RE: Demo? - 9/13/2010 2:24:42 PM   
Rising-Sun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baleur

I'll never complete Elemental, since the campaign sucks and isnt really even how the game is intended to be played / balanced (alot of the patch fixes / balancing doesnt even affect the campaign).
Like in other 4x games i just play skirmish all the time =)

Yeah that game not worth 49.99 at all, but i was hoping it was like MoM or LoM. They just got it out of Beta and still got along way to go. Give them six to twelve months.

(in reply to Baleur)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Demo? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI