Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PCO Victory Conditions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> PCO Victory Conditions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PCO Victory Conditions - 9/4/2010 9:45:51 PM   
thewood1

Can someone in the know talk a little about victory conditions. Are they standard fair with flags only, or are there more creative types, like touch, destroy, or unit-based?

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 9/4/2010 9:47:16 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: PCO Victory Conditions - 9/4/2010 9:54:06 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Can someone in the know talk a little about victory conditions. Are they standard fair with flags only, or are there more creative types, like touch, destroy, or unit-based?

Standard fare at the moment.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 2
RE: PCO Victory Conditions - 9/4/2010 9:54:09 PM   
junk2drive

Subject to change at release but here is the current manual

quote:

10 Victory

Objective flags can now be in a neutral or contested state. You need 20% more points than your enemy in the 100m control zone to gain ownership of the flag. If a flag is contested, neither side receives the points. Contested state objective flags may be set in the scenario editor. They will not be generated by RBG or RCG.
At the beginning of a Multiplayer game, each side will see the flags as their own. This will not change until after one full turn and the game can recalculate the disposition of the flags.
In an effort to prevent games ending with 75% vs 74% minor win/loss, to win you now need to get to 75% and be 10% ahead of your opponent. If one side gets to 90% of the points total for their pool and is not 10% ahead then the game is a draw.
Numerical values have been added to the Victory screen. This will be shown as a percentage. This percentage takes into account damage to enemy, damage to self, objectives achieved and size of offboard assets both friendly and enemy. The two values can total more than 100%.
In a campaign, a draw is treated as a victory to allow you to advance to the next battle. Campaigns have a Skip button added, See 3.0

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: PCO Victory Conditions - 9/4/2010 9:56:52 PM   
junk2drive

The above covers flags but a designer can also set bonus points per turn for a defender starting at a certain turn. That gives the attacker incentive to win quickly and the defender incentive to delay.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> PCO Victory Conditions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI