Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Co-op PBEM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Co-op PBEM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Co-op PBEM - 8/22/2010 4:38:47 PM   
Llyranor

From the game description:
"Team play options to allow up to 9 people to PBEM it out against each other or the AI"
"Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris also includes a unique multiplayer feature where players can split up Axis or Allied armies between several people to add an added level of realism and cooperation!"

What options do we have to split up a side between players? For example, can you split up armies of a single nation between 2 or more players, or is it splitting nations amongst the players only? Can it be flexible, like say, one player takes UK + Belgium, while the other takes France + Netherlands, or any such possible combination?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Co-op PBEM - 8/22/2010 7:09:33 PM   
Vic

Hi Llyranor,

When playing the allied sides in France you can divide them up anyway you like. The actual splitting option can be used on Germany in Case White where you can chose to split Germany in 3 or in 6. The Poles can be split into 3 parts. In Case Yellow only the Germans can be split.. either in 3 (OKW, AG-A, AG-B) or in 7 (6 armies and OKW).

Best regards,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Llyranor)
Post #: 2
RE: Co-op PBEM - 8/25/2010 2:47:51 AM   
Zemke

Does each player on a side that can be split have to execute their turn, then send it to the next player, or can all players be working on their turn at the same time and send them to the higher HQ player, who can "compile" them into one file to send to the other side?  Hope this makes sense.

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"
"Give me liberty, or give me death"
"Pass the salt, please"

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Co-op PBEM - 8/25/2010 8:33:51 AM   
sprior

No, it's in series, not parallel.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Zemke)
Post #: 4
RE: Co-op PBEM - 8/25/2010 5:36:30 PM   
Hexagon

Then the game isnt fully adapt to team game because you need use classic turn structure with the players play time and this is a "feature" out of game engine the option that say Zemke_4 is the best option but i know that is the most complicated to implement... another question is if you can see in turn reply only things that concern to your units, i want say that for example i understand that when you open a game you only can move your troops (if main HQ player can give units it means that you cant command other player´s units) and with this you can see only actions where your units are involved this is an important feature because reduce the time needed to see an enemy turn

Well, i think that the team play feature need more information, maybe an example of how works.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 5
RE: Co-op PBEM - 8/26/2010 2:58:33 AM   
Zemke

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

No, it's in series, not parallel.

Yep, I was afraid of that, the holy grail of team play is still out there....somewhere.

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"
"Give me liberty, or give me death"
"Pass the salt, please"

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 6
RE: Co-op PBEM - 8/26/2010 5:02:46 PM   
sprior

I don't think it is. Battlefields! was going to implement this but that game has stalled.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Zemke)
Post #: 7
RE: Co-op PBEM - 8/26/2010 5:09:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, the former Battlefields (now Combined Arms) has a parallel multi-player PBEM, but the release date on that is very hard to predict.

The multi-player PBEM system in WTP, although in series, is a heck of a lot of fun.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Co-op PBEM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI