Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Guadalcanal Supplies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Guadalcanal Supplies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Guadalcanal Supplies - 8/21/2010 12:43:08 PM   
Chuske

-Update I found out about the aviation support being from base engineer units and that there are extra supply ships at Noumea and Brisbane but not attached to task forces. Supply still not 100% certain about but gather Sydney and Noumea produce some supply every day-

Hi,

Brand new to this game and confused on where supply is generated in Guadalcanal (playing as Allies). By second turn I find several bases screaming for supplies with red excalmation marks showing.

I'm guessing I need to setup supply convoys with the CS computer control but unsure where to get supplies from as not sure where or how supplies are generated in this scenario. Is it generated by industry or is supply shipped automatically to certain rear area ports/bases?

Obviously if I just ship supply from bses that don't generate it those bases will just run out of supply instead.

Also if go with the default move 1 all the cargo ships are tied up in the amphious move to Guadacanal (Lunga, Tulagi).

Once I do get to Guadalacanal and take Lunga I notice it has an airfield but no AV support, where do I get AV support from so I can setup air ops?

< Message edited by jonboym -- 8/21/2010 6:28:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Guadalcanal Supplies - 8/21/2010 6:38:00 PM   
Lifer

Guadalcanal is about managing fuel and supplies.  Your supply bases are Noumea and Sydney.  Look at the base screen for each and you should see xxxx(yyyy) where xxxx is the current supplies at the base and yyyy is the amount you get each turn.  Sydney is also your only shipyard for repairs.  You never have enough supplies for everything you want.  Do you have bases expand at start?  If so, definitely turn that off and only selectively expand where you need it.

Greg

Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq

(in reply to Chuske)
Post #: 2
RE: Guadalcanal Supplies - 8/22/2010 12:24:29 PM   
Chuske

Thanks that helps a lot!

Reckon when I get the hang of this I may write a newbies guide for Coral Sea and Guadalcanal scenarios as there is so much to take in when you first get this game.

(in reply to Lifer)
Post #: 3
RE: Guadalcanal Supplies - 8/22/2010 6:02:16 PM   
Lifer

There are some new AARs with the Guadalcanal scenario, too.  Check them out for tips on this one.  It might help to learn from someone else's moves.  Nothing like a live opponent though.

Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq

(in reply to Chuske)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Guadalcanal Supplies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI