Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AAR HSG First of Many

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: AAR HSG First of Many Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AAR HSG First of Many - 8/30/2010 12:54:17 AM   
heinrich55

Mad Russian,
I hadn't seen you over at TSDII for a while, and now I've found where you've been spending most of your time.

Thanks very much for this AAR. It was great to follow and see how the game mechanics were used. I am looking forward to your Clash of Titans thread. This game looks absolutely fantastic. I believe you and Erik and the crew have won me over.

The posting of AARs is a really slick way of generating interest. Please keep up the good work.

Heinrich55

(in reply to Geordie)
Post #: 91
RE: AAR HSG First of Many - 8/30/2010 1:17:08 AM   
Mad Russian

How have you been? I drop in at The Scenario Depot II to keep up with any reviews, or comments, on my scenarios. I've just not done anything CM related since before last Thanksgiving. I have so many scenarios on TSDII that nobody seemed to notice my absence!

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.....  

Good to see you here and hope that you find our work for the past few months to your liking. I think you will.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 8/31/2010 2:42:17 AM >

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to heinrich55)
Post #: 92
RE: AAR HSG First of Many - 8/30/2010 4:19:15 PM   
junk2drive

quote:

ORIGINAL: eniced73

MR,
Thanks for this. Always thought about picking this game up but never did it will CM installed on my computer. After seeing this though I am going to pick it up and try it.

One thing that I dont care for is the VL flags. Why did they opt to go for two flags instead of one? Is there an option or will it be mod friendly enough to change this? Another one is the tracers. I never really cared for them either and would like to know can they be modded?

As of today you can toggle them on/off

(in reply to eniced73)
Post #: 93
RE: AAR HSG First of Many - 8/31/2010 1:31:39 AM   
heinrich55

MR,
I'm doing well - transferred from the west coast to the east coast. Now looking at a possible hurricane hit.

Some of us miss you over there. Your scenarios are still the ones to compare against. You raised that bar pretty high.

Will you re-do some of your scenarios for this game? If you've done this already, how do they play out compared to your previous efforts? Just curious. I've enjoyed the heck out of so many of them, especially the historical ones.

I continue to be impressed more and more with this game system. Watching this particular scenario play out, and the commentary and explanations that you, Erik, junk2drive, and others are showing us is quite a positive force. I really like what I see.

Heinrich55

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 94
RE: AAR HSG First of Many - 8/31/2010 1:30:04 PM   
z1812

Thanks for AAR. It was quite enjoyable and informative.

regards John

(in reply to heinrich55)
Post #: 95
RE: AAR HSG First of Many - 8/31/2010 1:35:28 PM   
Mad Russian

Heinrich....DUCK!

You may well get a hurricane this week.

I'm not sure if I'll redo any of my old scenarios here or not. Probably I will to take advantage of the new system and as you say, to highlight those differences for those that have tried my scenarios before. Do you have any requests that you would like to see converted? I could do that as a project here so others could see the process of making a PCO scenario if you like.

There are ongoing changes to PCO and that makes it interesting to make scenarios. We'll see what turns up in the end.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 96
RE: AAR HSG First of Many - 9/2/2010 2:44:53 AM   
heinrich55

MR,
I'll dig through my favorites and let you know which scenarios I think would be really interesting. It's a little late tonight though.

Heinrich55

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 97
RE: AAR HSG First of Many - 9/3/2010 1:58:24 AM   
heinrich55

MR,
I went through the ones I played, and here are my suggestions. There are quite a few. They were all great, but they also represent a cross section of large, medium, and small size encounters. I think they would work well in this game system and could show off the flexibility of this game engine. I didn't order them as most favorite on down. If you want me to, I can do that, but it wouldn't be easy. They were all great in particular ways based on the battle's parameters.

HSG KC Untstfhr Muehleck
HSG Giesen's Bridge
HSG B Bussard
HSG KC Lt. Oberloskamp (My AAR on this one was one of my best - such a cool scenario)
CSDT-B14-Eisen Faust **Note, I think this was Warmongers, but it was such a great scenario. I'd love to see it in this game.
HSG KH Bloody Road
HSG AG Dangerous Information
HSG EW A Tiger By The Tail_2
HSG EW Dinosaurs Eat The Eggs (Jagdtigers, how could I resist!!)

So, there you have it. You really have a gift for developing scenarios. I'm not the only one who appreciated all your hard work.

Heinrich55

(in reply to heinrich55)
Post #: 98
RE: AAR HSG First of Many - 9/3/2010 4:16:54 AM   
Mad Russian

The KC series won't work well here in PCO because of the way commanders are handled in each game.

HSG Giesen's Bridge, CSDT B14 Eisen Faust are both by Warmonger.

I've tried Bussard and I might do that one a bit later.

Now Bloody Road could be a real possibility.

Currently there are no Jadgtigers or Sturmtigers in PCO.

I have done Dangerous Information. Still working on it to get it to play the way I want.

I have also done a 2km map for the CMBB battle HSG B This Isn't France. It has turned out very well in PCO.

I hope that I can get some of the scenarios to work here like I did in the CM system. But where PC really shines is the campaigns and after we get this update finished I want to do some campaigns.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 9/3/2010 4:24:10 AM >

(in reply to heinrich55)
Post #: 99
RE: AAR HSG First of Many - 9/5/2010 5:09:57 PM   
heinrich55

I was a bit disappointed that the KC series won't work in this system. I always thought the inclusion of HQ units or tank commanders with modifiers for their special talents was a great idea. So many times I've read where the actions of a single officer or tank commander tipped the balance of a battle. Perhaps this might be included in the infantry re-make coming after PCO. I would hope that would be included.

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist doing Bussard or Dangerous Information.

Having seen the new video on the map maker, I am quite impressed. I've never been a scenario designer (thought about it though), but might have to try my hand at it, seeing how amazing the map maker is and how seamlessly it works.

I'd really like to see you take a shot at Bloody Road. That was such a blast to play.

Heinrich55

Post #: 100
RE: AAR HSG First of Many - 9/5/2010 5:18:50 PM   
Mad Russian

That's coming. Just not at this time. Specific abilities and talents are in the campaign part of the game. Not specifically for single battle scenarios. Yet.

We had a lot of other fish to fry up to this point.

I went to see the location of Bloody Road.

I wouldn't put that past an appearance.

There are some very stark differences in the way that PCO and CMBB are constructed and how they play. Some of the things CMBB did PCO won't emulate. Not many but some. On the other hand there are far more things PCO can do that CMBB didn't that they more than balance out IMO.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to heinrich55)
Post #: 101
RE: AAR HSG First of Many - 9/5/2010 5:30:56 PM   
heinrich55

Don't worry. I am sold on PCO. I can easily see the advantages of this system over CMBB. I am constantly impressed with the screenshots, AARs, and details of the system you and the crew are providing. No gaming system will be able to include everything that eveyone wants - that would be impossible. It will always be a trade-off, some things left out by necessity for lack of time, research, money, scope of the game, etc. The part I really like is that some of the things not included right now very well might be with further releases. I find it very heartening that such long-term support is available. That means the system continues to evolve and get even better.

Heinrich55

Post #: 102
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: AAR HSG First of Many Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI