Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/16/2010 7:46:04 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

Hello All,

Dave and team have a revised the Update, including a couple big bug fixes. If you would like to try it before it is Official, you can find it in the Members Club. You will need to create a login and Register your game, if you haven't already, before downloading it through the Registered Download link. Please remember that this is a Beta release, and we appreciate your feedback.
It includes the following Changes;

• Fix Formation Move Lockup bug – gave more latitude to advanceGuard to move ahead
    thereby preventing lockup of formation when advanceGuard and MainGuard both occupy
    a large footprint along the road.
  • Fixed a CTD
  • Reduced HQ leading the charge
  • Attacks ignoring HHours addressed
  • Minor mods to Cracking the Goose Egg, Nobody Comes Back, Stuck in the Teeth scenarios

Plus those in the original Beta Patch;

V4.1.232 – July 28, 2010

Game Issues Fixed:

• Give order, let run, pause and set end time of task to time now, start game again, crash.
  • Crash caused by slip task code and how AI interacted with UI.
  • HHour was not reset when player task type changed from Attack/Probe by adding waypoint using Shift click. Caused issues for the AI.
  • There is a function to turn player Fire/Bombard tasks into defend tasks once they expire. Was doing this for all task types which could cause AI issues.
  • Artillery unit causes crash if reattached or game left to run.
  • Unable to Prime/UnPrime bridges when issuing orders to non Engineers, even if Engineers part of force.
  • LOS issues when enemy gets within 3K.
  • Player able to give Exit order to force when no Exit objectives, could cause crash.
  • AI was attempting to send a message to player about a future plan it was abandoning, this caused crash as future plans don’t have all the data needed for a message.
  • Player sets HHour for attack, AI was cribbing and bringing forward the HHour, which made it difficult to coordinate multiple attacks.
  • Error in the Task Doctrine code causing issues for the AI.
  • Error with Fixed Point Number Utility code.
  • Error in scheduling code, trying to update a force plan based on new orders but was not catering for a future plan properly.

Establishment Changes:

• Fixed various issues.

Scenarios Changes:

• Tweaked scenarios, including initial deployments.
  • Fixed spelling mistakes.
  • Added extra background information.

Map Changes:

• Losheim - updated.

Post #: 1
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/17/2010 8:50:23 AM   
Shadrach

Thanks for this - I can confirm the crash I experienced when setting assault orders at a specified time does not longer occur

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 2
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/17/2010 6:11:03 PM   
chips

Thanks, I 'll give it a try tonight.

(in reply to Shadrach)
Post #: 3
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/18/2010 12:14:55 AM   
bretg80

Thanks for the beta patches. This is a great way for us to help test the patch and get the fixes sooner.

Bret

(in reply to chips)
Post #: 4
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/18/2010 5:13:54 AM   
bretg80

Well, the beta patch has improved the game so far and it is not only much more stable (no more CTDs), and the units behave much better. I will keep testing it, but right now the game plays great on my Win 7 64 machine. Oh and HQs don't charge up front anymore. Yea!!!

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 5
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/18/2010 10:17:18 AM   
vj531

quote:

ORIGINAL: bretg80

Well, the beta patch has improved the game so far and it is not only much more stable (no more CTDs), and the units behave much better. I will keep testing it, but right now the game plays great on my Win 7 64 machine. Oh and HQs don't charge up front anymore. Yea!!!

Oh yes they do!

[image][/image]

< Message edited by sharper -- 8/18/2010 10:29:27 AM >

All the best
Stephen

i5 Win 10 8GB RAM

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 6
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/18/2010 11:44:50 AM   
GBS

Yes, I'm afraid I have noticed the same behavier on this exact same scenario, I just don't know how to post screen shots. Arjuna has worked on this one forever so it must just be a tough one to fix. I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Post #: 7
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/18/2010 12:27:33 PM   
vj531

quote:

ORIGINAL: GBS

Yes, I'm afraid I have noticed the same behavier on this exact same scenario, I just don't know how to post screen shots. Arjuna has worked on this one forever so it must just be a tough one to fix. I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

I hope not, as this HQ disbanded 15 minutes later. I think Arjuna will sort it.

All the best
Stephen

i5 Win 10 8GB RAM

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 8
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/18/2010 12:29:59 PM   
gabeeg

Notice that Dave said "Reduced HQ leading the charge" not "fixed"....I think you are right, it is probably a difficult one to fix completely.

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 9
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/18/2010 12:34:51 PM   
vj531

quote:

ORIGINAL: gabeeg

Notice that Dave said "Reduced HQ leading the charge" not "fixed"....I think you are right, it is probably a difficult one to fix completely.

He should have been a politician

All the best
Stephen

i5 Win 10 8GB RAM

(in reply to gabeeg)
Post #: 10
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/18/2010 1:12:25 PM   
Panther Paul

When a HQ is moving in formation with it subordinates, it won't rush to the front anymore.

I can think of a few other cases where code might cause a HQ to not move with its subordinates, will probably have to wait till the next patch though.

Paul Scobell
Panther Games Pty Ltd

(in reply to vj531)
Post #: 11
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/18/2010 2:46:11 PM   
vj531

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panther Paul

When a HQ is moving in formation with it subordinates, it won't rush to the front anymore.

I can think of a few other cases where code might cause a HQ to not move with its subordinates, will probably have to wait till the next patch though.

Could this be linked to the "bypass" option?

just a thought.

PS. I did send a save file in to support at panther Paul

All the best
Stephen

i5 Win 10 8GB RAM

(in reply to Panther Paul)
Post #: 12
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/19/2010 12:14:30 AM   
bretg80

Hmm, I played the roadblock scenario and I am not seeing HQs run out ahead anymore. Like I said, I'll keep playing and let you know what else I find. What about other issues? Anyone else seeing CTDs or other problems?

(in reply to vj531)
Post #: 13
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/19/2010 3:35:24 AM   
ewilkie

I know the answer to this is here somewhere but I'm tired of looking. If I install a beta patch and then another is released, do I install over the previous beta or do I have to do a clean install of the original program first?

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 14
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/19/2010 3:40:24 AM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: ewilkie

I know the answer to this is here somewhere but I'm tired of looking. If I install a beta patch and then another is released, do I install over the previous beta or do I have to do a clean install of the original program first?

Install over the previous beta.

simovitch

(in reply to ewilkie)
Post #: 15
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/19/2010 12:35:04 PM   
GBS

How do I make a screenshot. Can't find it anywhere.... or how do I attach a saved game. I have a great save of Peiper HQ continuing to move up the main Hwy in Eisenborn while his troops remain behind basicly dug in. (Brings up another point...why does the unit panel to the left show a unit moving AND dug in...goofy) I am very frustrated that none of my units are moving on this save except for Peiper HQ of coures. I have some formations that have been FROZEN (for lack of a better word) for 24 hours+. If this is the way the game is programed then very very very boring. Watching your troops dug in getting bombarded for an entire day and not even attempt to move is not much fun...and then night falls and they rest for 12 hours. AS you can see I'm irritated as hell only because I want this game to be great and I'm now afraid it is not even close.

Post #: 16
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/19/2010 12:44:35 PM   
Arjuna

GBS,

Are you using the latest beta build ( ie build 235 )?

Re Screenshots. Just hit the Print Screen button on your keyboard. This saves a copy to the clipboard. Then open your favorite paint program ( PaintShopPro, Photoshop or MS Paint if you don't have one ). Then hit Paste ( Ctrl V ) and save the file as a jpeg with a lossy setting of around 20%. That should keep the file size under the forum limit.

Re Saved Games. First Zip your saved game. You can download a trial copy of WinZip from their website or Google to find a freeware tool that will compress in the zip format. Then you need to click the Post Reply button, rather than the Fast Reply. This screen has a tool to add attachment. Click it and follow the instructions to upload your file ( it takes jpegs, zipped files and text files ).

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 17
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/19/2010 1:19:48 PM   
DanOppenheim

7-Zip - free and excellent zip tool.
Paint.NET - free and excellent MS Paint replacement.

Can't wait to give this patch a go - I'm blaming my struggles with those damn crossroads on bugs! (I imagine I'm going to be disappointed).

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 18
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/19/2010 3:36:20 PM   
vj531

Is there a temporary workaround that we could use to stop the "HQ charge problem"?

All the best
Stephen

i5 Win 10 8GB RAM

(in reply to DanOppenheim)
Post #: 19
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/19/2010 4:13:28 PM   
GBS

I have used the 235 patch since it became available hince the reason for my post. When I get home i will upload my saved file mentioned above. I'm now thinking that the FROZEN units may be where I gave orders at the regiment level . I am going to try to give them to the Bn's and see what happens.

< Message edited by GBS -- 8/19/2010 4:14:32 PM >

(in reply to vj531)
Post #: 20
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/19/2010 4:41:41 PM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharper

Is there a temporary workaround that we could use to stop the "HQ charge problem"?

You could order the HQ to defend in situ and take command of the line Coy's to bring them forward. Once they are in front of the HQ, re-attach them and give a new order to the HQ. If the HQ proceeds to bypass it's subordinates please report it in the bug forum.

I have seen a significant improvement in the HQ staying back during column movement and especially during (an unmolested) form up on the defense or assault. I'll keep an eye out for anything strange.

< Message edited by simovitch -- 8/19/2010 4:42:36 PM >

simovitch

(in reply to vj531)
Post #: 21
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/19/2010 5:06:54 PM   
vj531

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharper

You could order the HQ to defend in situ and take command of the line Coy's to bring them forward. Once they are in front of the HQ, re-attach them and give a new order to the HQ. If the HQ proceeds to bypass it's subordinates please report it in the bug forum.

I have seen a significant improvement in the HQ staying back during column movement and especially during (an unmolested) form up on the defense or assault. I'll keep an eye out for anything strange.

Thanks.
I think this sort of workaround would be OK for the small scenarios but the likes of Elsenborn would be real pain.

All the best
Stephen

i5 Win 10 8GB RAM

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 22
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/19/2010 5:33:19 PM   
GBS

Well my system zip the saved file into a WinRAR.zip file and when I tried to attach it here got a report that it was not supported.

Post #: 23
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/19/2010 7:41:26 PM   
GBS

Interesting...I went back and gave orders to Peipers Bns and to 9 FJs Bns. I left Peiper HQ and 9 FJ HQ with their ansilary units so for each RGT I gave orders to three gropups. I worked fine. After normal delays they all moved out toward the completion of their orders with no HQ leading the way. When KG Kuhlmann appeared I gave a move order to the RGT to move across the map to Wirtzfeld. Kuhlman started out fine and ...you guessed it...bogged to a stop about 5 or 6 Kms up the main highway. I think this whole problem has something to do with giving orders at the Regimental level. I also believe the HQ to the front happens because of this bogging down it seems. I don't know why but that seems to be the case especially in the larger scenarios. I had to stop and save but when I start back and KG Krouse arrives I will break down its orders to move across the map to the Bn level. We'll see what happens.

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 24
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/19/2010 9:01:34 PM   
simovitch

Just a thought... If you set the group's HQ to Low Agrro they will be more likely to keep moving instead of stopping to engage. The SS have high aggro as it is and that's why they seem to stop and pick fights more than others.

simovitch

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 25
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/19/2010 10:37:06 PM   
GBS

I don't know. One of my worst examples was the 9th FJ Rgt who I gave a move order to w/ Med. aggro and It stoped moving and stayed there for almost 30 hrs before I mad ethe order change.

Post #: 26
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/20/2010 1:04:53 AM   
Arjuna

GBS,

I suspect a formation lockup - ie one part of the formation cannot move because it's waiting on another part, which in turn is waiting on the first. I really need a savedgame to confirm. Please send me on to support[at]panthergames[dot]com. I'd prefer if you zip it, but if you have to send it as is. Thanks.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 27
RE: New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available - 8/20/2010 11:30:04 AM   
GBS

Ok Dave. I'll send it right now.

Post #: 28
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> New Beta v4.1.235 Now Available Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI