I have a couple of questions on the functionality of the First Turn Movement Bonus checkbox in the Editor's Task Force screen.
During the (non-historical) first turn, will TFs that have this box checked still benefit from the movement bonus if:
1. the TF's composition is changed during the 1st turn, ie ships have been added or removed?
2. the TF's destination is changed?
3. the TF's mission is changed?
4. any other parameter in the TF screen is changed?
Based on what I read in the original manual, is it (still) correct to say that for a TF with this box checked:
5. its first turn movement allowance is its normal/cruise speed (as indicated on the TF screen) times 20? Example: a TF with cruise speed 15 can move 4x20 = 80 hexes per 12-hour cycle?
6. the endurance used during the first turn by ships in that TF is maximum 3 times 40 (40 is the endurance spent for moving one hex at normal/cruise speed)?
7. switching it to Full Speed has any impact on distance travelled and endurance spent?
And a related question (never found this in the manual, but read it on the forum somewhere):
8. is there still a loading bonus or insta-load for Japanese LCUs being loaded on the first turn? If so, are they able to both load and move in that first turn?
Usually, I try to test all this myself before posting, but replaying the 1st turn after each change gets a bit tedious after a while . So, if anybody would care to share their experiences/observations/knowledge...
Thanks & cheers,