Alright, I'm out of my lurking again to restate an idea I already stated in the master wishlist. It seems though that ideas dumped there are mostly lost to possible discussion. It might be more prudent to create a subforum for ideas discussion. That way, the moderators, developers and community members would have easier access to the good/strange/impossible thoughts that float around. And, by the way, good job on the patch and mods!!! Waiting for more...
* Any spy on a foreign mission should generally take the nearest freighter/D-ship to a planet, and from there route using real ships and waypoints to intended target. James Bond takes American Airlines sometimes, not only private super-jet infiltrators.
* A diplomatic ship in a system with shared planets should move around these planets, resulting in a lessening of relations penalty for sharing a system. Ditto for military ships "just visiting".
* A diplomatic ship can conclude mission:local treaties for a small research\trade\happiness bonus to the participating sides (skewed to the advantage of the owner of the D-ship)
* A D-ship can do passive espionage and "my sweet empire" promotion missions, leading to the message "We are in awe of -empire's- colonies reputation", & increasing chances of a peaceful switch to your empire.
* Other nice\nasty things to be done more interestingly than with the generic, raceless, invisible-on-map-and-in-life-until-captured spy.
P.S. Bartje, thanks for noticing my idea!
< Message edited by Gareth_Bryne -- 7/19/2010 9:06:49 AM >