Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship Details

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Ship Details Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship Details - 7/16/2010 6:15:13 PM   
gsol69

It appears that when selecting to view a ship from the 'Ships and Bases' screen by highlighting the ship in the top half of the screen and clicking the 'Go to Ship' tab near the middle of the screen, the view centers on the selected ship, but the details in the box at the lower left portion of the screen still contain details for whatever object was previously selected. Doesn't it make sense to have the details for the ship you just selected to "go to" populate the details box (or am I doing something wrong)?

Thanks in advance, just purchased 1.0.4.9 and am enjoying so far, have not yet tried to apply beta 1.0.5.8
Post #: 1
RE: Ship Details - 7/16/2010 8:51:33 PM   
the1sean

well, there is also a "select ship" button. press that one first, then the goto button. It might seem like it should happen automatically, but sometimes you want to accomplish the inverse: select a ship without going to it so that you can give it orders on your current screen. At least, thats my guess as to why there are two separate buttons.

(in reply to gsol69)
Post #: 2
RE: Ship Details - 7/17/2010 4:00:49 PM   
torrenal

Good example: I want to 'go to' my resupply ship so I can find it to send my currently selected ship/fleet to it for refueling. Selecting the ship in the same step would complicate the process.
//Torrenal

(in reply to the1sean)
Post #: 3
RE: Ship Details - 7/17/2010 6:10:46 PM   
the1sean

quote:

ORIGINAL: torrenal

Good example: I want to 'go to' my resupply ship so I can find it to send my currently selected ship/fleet to it for refueling. Selecting the ship in the same step would complicate the process.
//Torrenal

what he said...

(in reply to torrenal)
Post #: 4
RE: Ship Details - 7/19/2010 1:38:55 PM   
gsol69

Thanks for the help, that is what I was looking for (don't know how I missed it before).

Thanks again.

(in reply to the1sean)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Ship Details Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI