Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japan CD Ranges

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Japan CD Ranges Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japan CD Ranges - 6/29/2010 4:01:28 AM   
Charbroiled

Since we can now set our bombardment ranges, I thought it would be nice to know the ranges of the guns we might be up against. So far, I have only done Japan...and have only included the CD Units. I don't know if I will do the Allies yet or not.

It is a zip file disguised as a txt file, so change the extention from txt to zip before use.

Attachment (1)

"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange
Post #: 1
RE: Japan CD Ranges - 6/29/2010 4:39:27 AM   
Herrbear

Thank you for the information.

(in reply to Charbroiled)
Post #: 2
RE: Japan CD Ranges - 6/29/2010 7:35:44 AM   
cantona2

Is this bombardment feature new in the beta patch? Ive not looked at it yet as I'm waiting for the official patch release.

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to Herrbear)
Post #: 3
RE: Japan CD Ranges - 6/29/2010 10:45:09 AM   
Alfred

Yes.

Alfred

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 4
RE: Japan CD Ranges - 6/29/2010 10:57:17 AM   
chesmart

If you are going to bombard under the new patch set your float planes to recon without a target, If attacking during the day set them to day operations and night to night operations they improve your accuracy.I would reccomend as well to make them attack during the day phase as their accuracy improves a lot and counter fire from CD units is reduced as well. I tested these settings vs Truk to see how it works using multiple TFs with differant settings and configurations.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 5
RE: Japan CD Ranges - 6/30/2010 8:54:12 PM   
Deca

I had not thought about it until looking at your spreadsheet (excellent work & thnx for it), but many of those CD units have guns classified at DP with "ceilings"; does that mean in truth if any enemy air target the base in which they are located that those CD "dp" guns contribute to the FLAK? Again, I hadn't ever thought about them in that manner as I have always been envisioning those CD units are purely anti-Naval, but those values made me question it.

"In times of war, the Devil makes more room in Hell"

(in reply to Charbroiled)
Post #: 6
RE: Japan CD Ranges - 7/1/2010 8:48:52 AM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deca

I had not thought about it until looking at your spreadsheet (excellent work & thnx for it), but many of those CD units have guns classified at DP with "ceilings"; does that mean in truth if any enemy air target the base in which they are located that those CD "dp" guns contribute to the FLAK? Again, I hadn't ever thought about them in that manner as I have always been envisioning those CD units are purely anti-Naval, but those values made me question it.

It should be obvious from the number of American CD units armed with AA. CD weapons up to about 5" were usually dual-purpose--the fire control requirements were very similar.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to Deca)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Japan CD Ranges Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI