Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bugs (v1.12)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Bugs (v1.12) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bugs (v1.12) - 6/25/2010 11:21:26 PM   
Gribeauval

I have found these bugs in v1.12:
1) The prussian player can size an objective with a unit and cancel the move of this unit. The objective stays owned by the prussian side.
2) When 2 artillery units and 1 infantry unit are stacked together, the infantry unit can't use first fire or defensive fire against an adjacent enemy. You can't select the infantry unit by clicking on the hexagon in fact.
3)During the bombardment phase, an austrian artillery unit opened fire against one of my artillery unit. My artillery unit was destroyed. A second austrian artillery unit fired at my destroyed artillery unit and destroyed it again (during the same bombardment phase and the same turn). Then my destroyed artillery unit (that has been destroyed twice) opened fire at the austrian battery.
4) When I want to use defensive formation in medium hardwood, I rightclick on my unit, I get the defensive formation, but when I select it, nothing happens. It is impossible to use the defensive formation in this terrain.
5) When I want to unlimber an artillery unit in a village, I rightclick on my unit, I get the unlimbered formation, but when I select it, nothing happens. It is impossible to use the unlimbered formation in this terrain.
6) I move a unit adjacent to an enemy unit which is already the target of a charge of my cavalry. Duirng the offensive fire phase, the enemy unit is highlighted, but I van't open fire against it.
7) During a game, I save a game a first time as "Kolin turn 14". Then, I re-open the menu, click on "save as" and select "Kolin turn 14". The game crashes.

Thanks a lot of for this great game.
(I have also a question : where can I send a saved game to better show a bug ?)

Post #: 1
RE: Bugs (v1.12) - 6/30/2010 12:02:16 PM   
jackx

1) You can abuse the hell out of the game with the cancel/undo button anyways, though this particular method is new to me. Probably not worth fixing tbh, as it only works vs the AI.

I try not to use it at all these days, to simulate multiplayer conditions (where I've shot myself in the leg more than once by rushing a move, only to find it wouldn't work, and then having no undo available).

2) Indeed, stacking produces several bugs/oddities, I recall Tim saying that this was being looked into.

3) Bombardment resolution is simultaneous AFAIK, i.e. all fire is calculated from battery strength at the beginning of the phase, and target strength at the beginning at the phase as well (noticeable with single 700-man units, who'll still get hit hard by subsequent bombardment, despite being reduced to 6xx by the first hit)

5) - an interface issue, artillery is not deployable in a village except with the editor.

6) an interface issue as well I think, as the target selection shows up (but won't work) in those instances where you're not allowed to fire. Usually that's because the target being charged is counter-charging cavalry.

no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be ... no peace

(in reply to Gribeauval)
Post #: 2
RE: Bugs (v1.12) - 7/1/2010 4:08:06 PM   
PrinzHenrich

In this topic TIm give his email - send it to him
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2262331

Changes....

(in reply to jackx)
Post #: 3
RE: Bugs (v1.12) - 7/4/2010 11:51:23 PM   
Gribeauval

Thanks for your answers, Jackx and Prinz Heinrich.

(in reply to PrinzHenrich)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Bugs (v1.12) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI