Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map for introductory scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Map for introductory scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map for introductory scenario - 6/23/2010 3:49:38 AM   
Dancing Bear

Hi Marshall
now that you have someone helping you with the classic map, I was wondering if you might consider asking them to do a second map for the very popular introductory scenario. If you recall this scenario takes place from Sept to Dec 1805 with Russia and Austria fighting France. It is great for teaching players basic tactics, supply, money management, etc.

Previously, this scenario could not be developed because we could not guarantee that the other major powers would stay out of the battle. However, if you could ask your man to generate a map, where all the connections between areas owned by the neutral powers (Prussia, Spain, turkey, Britain) and active powers (Russia, Austria and France) were severed so that no corps could move across this boundary, then this scenario would be possible (we would not give any major powers any fleets to prevent naval movement, and maybe no land forces either, minor nations would be dealt with the same way).

If your man can create the severed map, we can create the scenario. Then with a little tweaking of the reinforcements, you could have your self a very popular trainning tool for new players. Something to give him to keep him busy once he has finished the classic map (use the existing map as the base so you don't have to ask permission to modify it).
Post #: 1
RE: Map for introductory scenario - 6/23/2010 3:14:58 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Hmmm? This might be possible! He's filling in the blanks for the classic scenario right now BUT this could be a good item to add to his work que!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 2
RE: Map for introductory scenario - 7/13/2010 1:48:55 PM   
Yearworld

I tried to create the 1805 Introductory Scenario a long time ago. I took away all the corps and forces from all nations except for France, Austria, and Russia so the other nations would not interfere. This worked but I had to make a few small changes such as starting the scenario in July instead of September so it wouldn't have to go through an econ phase. You can check it out here is you want.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2521216

< Message edited by Yearworld -- 7/13/2010 1:49:18 PM >

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Map for introductory scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI