Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Race to Bastogne my battle tonight

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Race to Bastogne my battle tonight Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Race to Bastogne my battle tonight - 6/17/2010 3:18:35 AM   
wodin

Spent the night playing this scenario and what an experience it was....All was well for about 5 days as a pushed towards Bastogne...many Amis had surrendered or been destroyed as my shwerpunkt hit the mark...the dawn of day five was the eve of my last push...my troops has been resting all night for the final onslaught...and what an onslaught it was...I had managed to exit one Kampfgruppe at the mrothern most exit point and I was cloing in on Bastogne from three sides...ther Amis paratroopers where fighting like wild men but one by one they were slowley worn down...but the carnage was immense...come day six I was still held on the outskirts of Bastogne and just managed to clear south of that bitter town...the whole battlefield was growing Iron Crosses, Wooden Crosses and purple hearts...still my intel was pointing at a win...though the town wasn't mine I had managed to send many German pixelturppen through and beyond...over 60 Amis units had ceased to exist....I had lost around about 12...

However come 18.30hrs on day six of that tremendous battle I recieved a telegram from on high....even though I had a good pointer that was just off a win in that terrible battle it turned out I had got a draw... draw by god man my AAR says I had 100 points but those sneaky Amis had 93! I thought it wa sin the bag as that pointer was a whisker from win...

What a game...fantastic...a real shock that I only had a draw when the indicator was more or less on a win...still I was to slow I think around about day 3 and lost the way a little but it was a fight with fatigue....thats something I love about the game...fatigue is so important and you really have to keep rotating those troops...

I have gone back to a save at around day 4 and am trying to get to Bastogne in a less hurried way...as I really went all out by then and I ran my troops into the ground...
So far it's day 5 at 0800hrs and I've only lost one unit...nebelwerfer...I've managed to get a Kampfgruppe through an exit aswell...still the indicator doesn't look good...

Post #: 1
RE: Race to Bastogne my battle tonight - 6/17/2010 6:06:25 PM   
wodin

Twice now I've had the scenario crash to desktop about a minute before the scenario end's....aaarrrggghhh...gutted...bad time for a crash....I've managed to take it to the end twice and it's crashed twice...I cant imagine you would get the save to do it again...becasue the last time it happened it was Ok starting from the save...I expect it's something thats already been mentioned.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Race to Bastogne my battle tonight Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI